First Planted Tank - When to Start C02 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
First Planted Tank - When to Start C02

I have finally started my first planted tank after over a year of saving and buying lighting, filtration, tank, stand, heater, etc., etc. Received my plants a few days ago and set up the tank and am now wondering when I should start supplying C02/fertilizers? I am using eco-complete substrate. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
Co2 ASAP. For fertilization go the barrreport and read up on the estimated index (ei), I currently use the Ada system which is a bit different. You can everything about fertilization on his site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
I would wait a little before adding ferts though. I can't remember where I read this exactly but I was told by someone that plants need a small adjustment period once added to the tank before they start really taking in nutrients again. Just some food for thought.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
Dose fertilizers and CO2 when you want the plants to grow. I always want them to grow the minute I put them in the tank, so I start both fertilizing and CO2 right away. Don't worry about overdosing fertilizers, it does no harm, if you do 50% water changes once a week or so.

Hoppy
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
if you don't have any fish or inverts, blast the co2,
it will help the plants and you will usually see pearling very soon
from my experience, this usually helps my plants establish the best

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode