40breeder new pics 8/28 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
40breeder new pics 8/28

I'm too lazy to make a journal right now but I wanted to show this tank off a little. I've been working on it for a while now and it's finally at a place where I'm happy with it. It's been running about 5-6 weeks and I added fish. All I need now is a proper co2 set up. I'm running DIY right now. Let me know what you think
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...t=DSCF0411.mp4

Last edited by ophiophagus; 08-28-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: title change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
I actually like it. Its a nice start. I like the rock formation layout. Only thing I can add is to be careful of the plant selections. Looks like you have several different ones. We all get the bug and want to have as many different plants in one tank. This can turn against you if your too aggressive with it. More plants need bigger tanks to create better balance. You want an aquascape that doesn't clash to please the eye and eye flow.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Nice start. But I kept lol!!! I hear the camera sitting on top of a chair being dragged around LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...DIY co2 sucks
...ricca sucks

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight50 View Post
I actually like it. Its a nice start. I like the rock formation layout. Only thing I can add is to be careful of the plant selections. Looks like you have several different ones. We all get the bug and want to have as many different plants in one tank. This can turn against you if your too aggressive with it. More plants need bigger tanks to create better balance. You want an aquascape that doesn't clash to please the eye and eye flow.
its a great start, i love it so far, and he has a point but as long as your on top of it, and dont mind plant maintanece aka gardening your tank a bit then you will be fine, some of the most beautiful tanks i have seen or done with friends had lots of different species.... so keep it up once they fill in as long as you have your tools handy this tank will be a beaut

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Wow! Thank you for the advise and kind words. I was thinking the same thing actually, as I was doing the final rearranging of the plants. I was going to remove several plants to make room for large groups of less plants. But, my main goal for this tank was to have several color groups and I am a collector by nature. So there are just too many cool plants and I could only bring myself to remove 2 or three plants. I really came to the same conclusion. That as long as I stay on top of trimming I should be able to make it work. But they may change. I'll be making a journal and keeping it updated Thanks
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
I like the hard scape too. The dark area under the 'ledge' rock adds interest. I also like that you have plants behind the hardscape as that adds depth.

On the plants, let them go for a while and see which do the best in your tank. I agree with Filght50 the better looking tanks use the fewest Sp. of plants. We all have to fight that urge for one more Sp. I started my current tank with Java fern...to having 4 Sp. of Java. I like them all but it just looked wrong. I pulled all but the original Java...tank looks 100% better.

The Olympic scores will remind you that you did this, summer of 2012 and yes the dragging sound is annoying. I'm not a big fan of music over dubs, however this one, maybe it's a good idea.

Last edited by DogFish; 08-15-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: sp.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Thanks I likely will reduce the amount of sp. and I figured the video would be crap. I don't have any editing software. I'll have to stick with pics until I pick one up
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
I like the hard scape too. The dark area under the 'ledge' rock adds interest. I also like that you have plants behind the hardscape as that adds depth.

On the plants, let them go for a while and see which do the best in your tank. I agree with Filght50 the better looking tanks use the fewest Sp. of plants.
Thank you I agree that the dark spot under the ledge is really the most striking feature. And I will likely reduce the amount of different plant species eventually. I haven't yet half because it look great and half because I'm a little lazy.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I'm going to trim a few plants and move a few. So I thought I'd post some pics before I do for comparison. The tank is doing really well. I still haven't added pressurized Co2 yet. But aside from the lower leaves dieing on my R.goias and the colors not being quite what they could be. Nothing seems to mind not having it yet. Here are some pics let me know what you think

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode