Look what i found overseas!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Look what i found overseas!!

so im currently in vietnam and today i had a chance to visit one of the little alleys where they sold aquarium accessories and look at what i found.
some crabs

their plant stock

And look at this amazing wood for those who've been looking to create the perfect moss tree!!!

the actual tree

Now, the real issue im having is how would i ship one of these "trees" back to the states? packing it into my suitcase or bringing it on as a carry on isnt ideal and i'd hate to not be able to buy these beautiful pieces. Im not sure what they are, but to me they looked like bonsai trees and are about the same size, sorry for the quality, i was in a rush as the local merchant was giving me the stink eye for not buying anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I like the colorful crabs, plant tanks, and I agree with you that the tree does look like a bonsai.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (499/100%)
When bringing wood into the US, you have to be able to prove that it's been treated. I.E., sanitary certification.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
The plant and moss collection looks awesome!

Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

whaaaaa?! im going to cry myself to sleep now. do you happen to know how i could accomplish that? =(
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (499/100%)
Yep. Many people try to bring decorative items like boxes and figurines carved from wood. They typically have to be fumigated or otherwise proved to be sanitary for entry.

Since you'd be buying it from a mom & pop fish shop, it's unlikely you'd be able to bring it into the country without having it treated.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

i can find the nearest asian branch of ed hardy and glue some of their bedazzled bead onto the wood and declare it as "traditional native art"
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Don't be too discouraged, as least you did't get crabs while you were there. Although I suspect they would be easier to bring home!!!!

Rod
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
That wood is beautiful!!

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Algae Grower

In the tank with all of their plants, those white fish are beautiful! Anyone know what type they are?
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

so cool

So a guy walks into a Pet Store

Guy: "I have Algae on my drift wood!"

Pet Clerk: "Take two Plecos and call me next week."

EHEIM Classic 2213
Check out my blog

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo-fish View Post
In the tank with all of their plants, those white fish are beautiful! Anyone know what type they are?
Platinum angels

Fluval Pimp #37
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks for your input . if anyone knows of anyway i can attempt to bring them back let me know. if i go to anymore places like this i'll update you guys with more pics
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 02:23 AM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
You can find someone with the right certificates to mail them to your house. You probably won't find anybody but ask around.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode