Do you know of any complete systems for large tanks? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Do you know of any complete systems for large tanks?

I know there are plenty of stylish complete systems for small tanks (fluval edge, eheim aquaclear etc). I was wondering if anyone knows of any for larger tanks. I was thinking something over 40 gallons that comes integrated with decent lights/filter etc thats better than the walmart/petco 55gallon starter kits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Most people here will say part it out yourself and it'll be more interesting for you. It's all about the journey I say - once you get those fish in, it's nice but the rest is water changes and maintenance. Shopping for aquarium stuff is interesting and you should be able to pick out a nice 40+ gallon tank, stand, filter, and light without too much headache... and save a buck while you do that as all in ones are generally higher costs.

But to answer your question, I thought Innovative Marine had some cool looking all in one tanks: http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/index.html

They have ones up to 38 gallons and look pretty modern. Not sure how to order one but just here to show you it
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by biswabm View Post
Dear pageerror404

Yes I have the answer of your question

Our tanks have
  • Industrial (ASTM-1998-06) and Commercial design standards available.
  • Material options for a diverse range of applications
  • - High-density linear polyethylene (HDLPE)*- black and natural white color - complies with FDA Regulation 177.1520 and NSF/ANSI 61 standards.
  • - Cross-linked, high density polyethylene (XLPE) - black and natural white color
  • Opaque white sodium hypochlorite resin #880059 (up to 12,500 Gal.)
  • Sulfuric acid resin #880046 (up to 15,000 Gal.)
  • Available with IBC 2006 seismic and 150 mph wind restraint tie-down systems.
  • Specific gravity ratings are based on the industry's most severe calculation.
  • Standard specific gravity choices are 1.5 and 1.9, other ratings are available upon request.
  • All materials are UV stabilized for long-term outdoor service.
cheers
That sounds like a terrible aquarium lol

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pageerror404 View Post
That sounds like a terrible aquarium lol
I think it's a bot. If you really are interested in a complete system maybe you could check out red sea max? They are reef aquariums and come in 34 and 65 gallon sizes, but with a few mods they should be simple enough to adapt to a planted tank. But they are EXPENSIVE compared to something you can do better yourself...

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/2...max/index.html
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pageerror404 View Post
I know there are plenty of stylish complete systems for small tanks (fluval edge, eheim aquaclear etc). I was wondering if anyone knows of any for larger tanks. I was thinking something over 40 gallons that comes integrated with decent lights/filter etc thats better than the walmart/petco 55gallon starter kits.
Of course there are. It's called ADA.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I think there are so many options for larger tanks that there are probably not too many 'complete set ups' being marketed. Each 'complete set up' is quite expensive, and bulky, so brick and mortar stores are not likely to carry that sort of thing in larger sizes. Most stores will work with you and put together a package that you specify, though.

Once you figure out exactly how you want to run your tank you need to decide which equipment will do exactly that for you.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
I've seen some Fluval systems upwards of 65+ gal. Never seen one in person, but while they appeared expensive to begin with, I ended up spending more on my system piecing it together. Granted, I got exactly as I wanted with cool pieces. I don't regret making my own setup.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- 20g shrimp jungle --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphack View Post
I've seen some Fluval systems upwards of 65+ gal. Never seen one in person, but while they appeared expensive to begin with, I ended up spending more on my system piecing it together. Granted, I got exactly as I wanted with cool pieces. I don't regret making my own setup.
I forgot about those.

http://www.wayfair.com/Hagen-Fluval-...6-HGE1679.html

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode