Radical rework needed? Crypts/Substrate
I have a 20g H set up with flourite as the substrate with rootmedic complete+ tabs. I recently purchased a few crypts from the sale forum and planted them around the tank in a basic scape. Everything looks healthy and there's a lot of visible growth. So what's the problem?
1. The fluorite is only 1-1.5 inches deep. This needs to be made deeper for the tank to look how I want it in the end.
2. CO2 is in the mail and arrives Friday.
3. I move in 3 weeks from Columbus to Cincinnati.
4. My tank water is 72 degrees, I never installed my replacement heater. I need to bump it up like nine degrees?
5. The city I am moving to has a pH of 7.5
I'd really like to not kill my plants. However, changes will have to be made so I can get what I want out of this set up. I need another substrate to cap the fluorite. In addition to crypts I also have H. angustifolia. What would fit my needs best down the road? AS?
Then there is the question of when to actually do the substrate rework. Do I do it as soon as possible so the plants can recover before I have to refill with different water after the move? Should I just do it during the move so I don't have to do a 75% water change?
Any advice is appreciated!
Last edited by laxaj; 08-02-2012 at 01:30 AM.