anyone from canada here? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
anyone from canada here?

Just asking / seeking peeps with riccia/ moss's 4 sale! Im doing a 60 inch plexi tank so in need of assortments of plants and things that will atttach to things/ Thinking of doing a moss wall also..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hey Jimmy! I'm planted tank joan over on BCAquaria so, yeah, I'm from your neck of the woods. Welcome to plantedtank.net, btw! I got a small bunch of riccia at Big Al's in Burnaby a month or so ago, and I haven't seen any anywhere since. Mind you, I haven't been looking that hard, but when I've been out and about I'm not noticing a lot of mosses for sale. Hopefully we'll see some soon.

Anyway, there's a Canada Swap & Shop section of the board here where you can put out a heads up that you're looking for these things. There's some Canadian members with established tanks that I know trim fairly regularly. Myself, I'm just establishing a new 54G planted myself, so all my trimmings are pretty much going towards that at the moment. Talk to me in a couple weeks though and I may well have some extras.

Pimpin' the Eheim at #153

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

Well im doing the 160 gallon tank thus will be clipping it on a large scale.. I will be seeking the moss's large and riccias ... Im sure i will have buckets of extra stuff to go out,,,

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Is the 160G the tank you're selling, or is that a different one? So that tank is planted already, but now you've decided to start a tank where the focus is the planted tank?

Well, riccia and other moss are things I definitely won't have an abundance of for a while. I should have mentioned that java moss you shouldn't have too much trouble finding, but you may already have lots of that. I know Aquariums West always seems to have lots if you don't have it already. It's the other cool mosses that seem very elusive, or at least they've been eluding me.

Pimpin' the Eheim at #153

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Algae Grower

I've got a 1/4 bucket of moss, fern, and Riccia trimmings from one of my tanks. Not sure if there's any way to get it from Nanaimo to Kits cheaply. For the cost of shipping you might be better off getting a big bag of ferns at King Eds, where my parent plants came from.

Tropical Swamp Modeler
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

I will pay whatever for the bucket to be shipped... If you can think of a way im in..

Jay

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode