ebay deffuser - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
ebay deffuser

So i was looking at co2 deffusers on [Ebay Link Removed] And a few of them say for pressure co2 systems only, no yest bottles. Do you think it really matters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)
Some DIY bottles do not apply enough pressure to get those little diffusers going. It didn't work for me but I know its works for a lot of people. The diffusers are cheap so why not give it a shot?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yeast bottle dont work with ceramic defusers becuase they need a high working pressure. They do work with ladders and propeller types

125 ga. Pressured co2. T5ho

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
i used a nano diffuser with diy co2 on one of my 2.5 gallon tanks for awhile. Worked fine until I took it out to clean it and broke it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chicken; 07-23-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: left out a word
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigofva View Post
So i was looking at co2 deffusers on [Ebay Link Removed] And a few of them say for pressure co2 systems only, no yest bottles. Do you think it really matters?

yes, some to take high pressure. I will tell you the one that does work with yeast bottles, its the nano one

The Fraternity of Dirt #26
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low Tech
75 Dirted

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

I've tried ceramic diffusers with both pressurized and diy systems, and found that even if there is enough pressure from a diy bottle, the ceramic diffuser will often clog with residue produced by the yeast. It's really more of a pain to keep clean than it's worth.

Eheim Pimp Club,# 496

7g cube, 12g long
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
The nano one's work.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exv152 View Post
It's really more of a pain to keep clean than it's worth.

Nothing a bowl of bleach water cant take care of over night

The Fraternity of Dirt #26
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low Tech
75 Dirted

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Planted Member

DIY did work for me but the ceramic will catch yeast and over time the yeast would start growing and just clogging the deffuser.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
To get a ceramic defusser to work with DIY CO2 you need to get the right bottles. 2 liter soda bottles will not hold pressure well and will leak before they get enough pressure. Ocean Spray bottles for the main co2 chamber and gaterade bottles for the catch can/bubble counter works perfect. For smaller systems I just use two small gaterade bottles.

|
|
|
|
|
|
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Now do thoes deffusers work better than an airstone? cus right now im using an airstone and it seems to be releasing small little bubbles.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode