Mr. Aqua Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Mr. Aqua Tank

I dont understand any website that I have come across that sells the 48G Mr. Aqua Aquarium.
Mr.Aqua's website does not signify "low iron" on the 48g but in its description states "we use high clarity glass" but for there other aquariums like the cubes they state (low Iron) and show a picture of the whitish colored glass. Here is the link http://mraqua.net/products/frameless-aquariums/

Anyone know if they are all Low Iron / High Clarity?
This is making me want acrylic even more!

Fluval Edge "AquaEscape"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6G : Fluval Edge : High-Tech

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 03:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
As far as I know high clarity in glass is acheived by a low iron content, so it's basically the same thing. I would never go with acrylic unless I had to because I've heard it accumulates scratches and becomes VERY unsightly after a while...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Marinedepot.com has mr aqua tanks, got all mine there.

[50g][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 04:36 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
The lower the iron content of glass, the higher its quality, if that is what you're asking.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 07:24 AM
blt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
The 48g Mr. Aqua is regular glass. They only offer the 7.5g and 25g in low iron glass.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 07:52 AM
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)
My 12g long glass has that greenish color on the edge of the glass. Unlike all ADA tanks has that white - blue-ish color on the edge of the glass.

|

|
|

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
My 12 long looks crystal clear with water in it...no worries!

I have a 13.3 and 12 long Mr. Aqua and I LOVE them. They're beautifully made. I'd get a larger size too if I could afford it!

Acrylic scratches waaaaay too easily

Eheim pimp #255

75 gallon semi-aggressive community tank with pressurized CO2, 8.6 gallon cherry shrimp tank
40 breeder reef

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode