Addicted to plants now? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Addicted to plants now?

I now have a plant keeping problem. I can't get enough. I Want as many different kind of plants I can keep. I feel I have got the planted tank thing down my confidence is up and I am collecting more plants then I know what to do with. Or I am running out of room.

I am sure there are other that feel this way. Right?

80gal planted Angelfish community.
100gal SA cichlid, Silver dollar, and delhezi. No plants!
36 gal Planted Swordtail community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
It why I have a tank collecting issue....... Im at roughly 14 tanks and adding more. Looking to set up about 20 to 30 for the fish room.

Sun Sun pimp #72
RAOK CLUB # 68

Conway
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Yup, Progressive Aquarititis:

more plants = more tanks = more fish = more experience = equipment upgrades = more plants...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)
I am clearly addicted to plants. Just look at my journals! I keep saying that once my 75g gets to the point I want it to be, I can then scape both tanks, but I'm also not in a big rush since I know that means I'll have to let some plants go.

Even with my tanks filled to the brim with plants, what do I do? I ordered more! LOL! They're arriving in two days. I know I will need to thin out what I have already to make physical space for the new plants, but that is so hard for me to do because that means letting go of some perfectly good plants (only keeping a fraction of what's grown).

I swear, I need some kind of help for this addiction. Only problem is, I don't want help! I like my addiction!

Vicki Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

90g -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' 75g -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red'

29g -
Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' -- 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
5g - RCS colony 2.5g -
Retired
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
I'm so addicted too. It's better than being addicted to drugs or cigarettes. Although I don't believe it's cheaper.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake311 View Post
I now have a plant keeping problem. I can't get enough. I Want as many different kind of plants I can keep. I feel I have got the planted tank thing down my confidence is up and I am collecting more plants then I know what to do with. Or I am running out of room.

I hope you will have multiple tanks and not trying to mix too many different types of plants all in one tank. The display usually suffers and has no natural flow when you try to do too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cturner View Post
I'm so addicted too. It's better than being addicted to drugs or cigarettes. Although I don't believe it's cheaper.
lol. true. Also can be cheaper than marine setups for the most part. I too am in the works of multiple setups. I got the bug too after my 55g went down early this year and was force to migrate things over to an emergency 29g. I want more space. Best way to gain more aquscape is to add more tank space.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
I am clearly addicted to plants. Just look at my journals! I keep saying that once my 75g gets to the point I want it to be, I can then scape both tanks, but I'm also not in a big rush since I know that means I'll have to let some plants go.

Even with my tanks filled to the brim with plants, what do I do? I ordered more! LOL! They're arriving in two days. I know I will need to thin out what I have already to make physical space for the new plants, but that is so hard for me to do because that means letting go of some perfectly good plants (only keeping a fraction of what's grown).

I swear, I need some kind of help for this addiction. Only problem is, I don't want help! I like my addiction!

i love you..

never thought i'd say that over aquatic plants

Sump Pimp #7

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Blazingwolf View Post
i love you..

never thought i'd say that over aquatic plants

I love you, too, HD! In a aquatic plant sort of way, of course! LOL!

Vicki Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

90g -
Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' 75g -
Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red'

29g -
Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' -- 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
5g - RCS colony 2.5g -
Retired
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post

I love you, too, HD! In a aquatic plant sort of way, of course! LOL!

LOL!

Sump Pimp #7

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I have 5 tanks running 4 of them planted right now. The 100gal has plant eatting fish so I feed them my clippings. I think these fish are happy I keep more plants now.

I am not new to being addicted to fish. I have been keeping fish for over 13 years now. It's wanting to collect many types of plants, that's a new addiction. I have got the fish keep part down. It's plant that are my new thing/ addiction.

I never l could understand why anyone would keep a plant only tank. Or why someone would wast a big 100gal+ tank on lots of plants and one school of fish. I have been keeping big cichlids for years and always felt big tank are for big fish. Now I get it haha.

80gal planted Angelfish community.
100gal SA cichlid, Silver dollar, and delhezi. No plants!
36 gal Planted Swordtail community.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Planted Tank Guru

wait till full on collectoritis sets in, u'll try to cram ever difference species of plant in a tnak u can get

Sump Pimp #7

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Quote:
Since 1999

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode