What should I do in this situation? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
What should I do in this situation?

I will keep this as anonymous as possible because the last thing I want to do is embarrass or discredit the seller. I recently bought something from SnS. I sent payment on Thursday, with the seller telling me he would ship out on Friday. The package was not shipped on Friday, so I pmed him for a followup on the purchase. He told me if I sent payment, he could ship on Saturday. Come Saturday, the package was still not shipped (I promptly replied that I had sent payment). He told me to email an address to resolve the matter directly. I did so, and did not receive a response. The last reply I received was one on Saturday, telling me that I would get more details soon.

The seller was one of the bigger sellers on this forum, so I do not doubt that he/the company is reputable. However, I'm just surprised that I have had to wait for so long, not receiving even shipping confirmation. I'm assuming he is very busy with other orders or something, but it's not like he doesn't reply to the messages I send him.

I told him I would like a refund if what I bought was not shipped soon. The money's not a problem, I'm just surprised that such a big seller wouldn't be more prompt. I'd be very very hesitant to leave neutral or negative feedback, because on this forum, I've only dealt with people who have kept their word, shipped when promised, or messaged me if something had come up.

What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Contact a mod about and problems with the SnS and they should be able to help you.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini-M Journal 2:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Hi battered,

It's failure to ship might be caused by any number of reasons but the fact that they said they would ship twice and failed to follow through is a concern.

I would send a PM to the individual involved outlining what you shared here and "CC:" Kyle T. Explain what your expectations are and if they are unable to meet them then ask them to please refund your $$ within 24 hours.

Customer Service is key to success in any business, including a "hobby business".

-Roy

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1X 59W Fluval Plant (3.0); 45 Gallon Tall, 1X 46W Fluval Plant (3.0); 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 & (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay

Last edited by Seattle_Aquarist; 07-17-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: grammer

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Was a bit of a misunderstanding - the item was shipped on Saturday, but I was just never notified/given any confirmation number.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
That happens to me on ebay all the time. When dealing with power sellers more times than not, they keep their word. They can be quite busy so the communication may suffer a bit. A little patience goes a long ways. I typically get packages 3-7 days after payment without confirmation info. I learned to not be so concerned with reputable sellers.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have dealt with big companies and 'one-man-show' companies on line, and I have always gotten plenty of E-mails (even if just automatically generated) confirming the order, payment and shipping date.
I deal with a lot of brick and mortar companies through my work, and it is these companies that I am frequently calling to confirm the order and delivery date.

At this point I would apologize for doubting them and gently suggest that better communication would help them present a better face to the world. There are too many scams out there and they do not want to be mistaken for one of them.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode