Activated carbon = useless?
At first I thought carbon helped make your water clean by absorbing toxins and odor and well as leeching carbon for plants. I've had mine in my filter for a while and I read that after a few weeks, the carbon will start releasing what it has absorbed into the water so you need to buy more and replace it. Is this the case? I thought it was good to have it because it came with my tank and the instructions said to keep it. I'm wondering if it also absorbs Prime and helpful bacteria slowing my cycle. Should I remove it and add an extra biomax or sponge?