Anyone near me? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anyone near me?

Just trying to find some fellow planted tank enthusiasts near me. Anyone live in the South?

Hope I'm not alone!
Paulette

75 gal planted is now a reality!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
there is a section devoted to specific areas. Check it out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Well I guess you will have to lead me by the hand. The only thing I can find is local stores listings. Can't find any section that is specific to an area except Canada.

Guess I'm Blind,
Paulette

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

No worries, Paulette. The forums within a forum aren't always readily obvious to navigate to.

Tennessee section

I'd post there asking about local aquaria hobbyist clubs maybe.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 07:15 PM
BSS

PTrader: (12/100%)
You might want to PM hawkeye. He's only recently started showing up on these boards, but he's a mod over at the AB boards and a super guy. He's somewhere up in TN. He recently setup a site at www.mpiaquatics.com. Give it a look!

Brian.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:00 AM

Hey There Mermaid!! I am in McMinnville, its about 2 hours from Chattanooga. Have you been to the Chatt. Aquarium ? I really want to go and check it out.

Hawk
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 03:31 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
Hello Mermaid

Hello to you and Hawk,
I live in Spring HIll, TN. Started my tank about 6 weeks ago. Lovin it, although I had a run-in with the dreaded algae this week but am recovering now! Let me know if either of you have plants you want to sell/trade or buy. I only have a very few things to offer but am willing to help if I can. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get pics of my tank on here.
Hope to hear from y'all soon. Hawk, its been a few years since the Chattanooga Aq.(which was very good then), but the Ripley's in Gatlinburg was great both times I've been, the latest being 3 wks ago for the first time with my 3yr old daughter; she loved it!
-Ben
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
Jonesboro, AR here... northeast corner of AR about 45 minutes northwest of memphis. I have family in Jackson and Nashville, so I'm in central TN pretty regularly... occasionally make it to myrtle beach, and try to stop at the lighthouse (fishstoretn.com) north of chat. when headed that way. there have been several attempts to revive TN fish clubs, including one I just got an email about through a Memphis aquarium club... "smoky mountain" something... anyway, keep your eyes peeled, and if you want a copy of the post about the smoky mountain club, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Oqsy

Eheim Pimp #171

; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 05:59 PM

vollphann,
If you are looking for a great place to get plants take a trip to Cookeville. Got to Exotic Tropical. They have a really good plants (Some of them mine) along with fish. Call fist to see if they have just had new plants arrive. They get shipments every two weeks or so. They all so are getting into the pond stuff. They have a pond in the back that is a killer. I do so trading online but mostly for rare plants. I trade everything else at their store for store credits.

Hawk
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
Thanks Hawk

BTW- I'm a huge MASH fan(assuming that's where the name comes from). Could you give me the phone # for them? Do they have out of the ordinary plants or just the normal stuff(examples, please). THANKS!
-Ben

Here's where I'm at this week
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hello Guys! The only clubs I know about is the East TN Reef club and the middle TN Reef club. I have heard rumor that there might be a club forming here that goes both ways but I think they are so far predominantly reef too.
Me, just recuperating from reef blues, I really don't want to hear reef talk anymore.

The Aquarium just added a new section, yes it is saltwater. But their freshwater sections in the main building are awesome. You need to come and check it out. Wish I could get them to sponsor a club. That would be cool.

My tank is brand new and I am looking for donations to get me started. I purchased a few expensive plants locally but they were not worth what I paid for. (In sad shape) Went to Bermuda Triangle and they said they had not ordered any new plants because sales had fallen down.

Makes me wonder how many plant people are near me. Or are they hiding in their jungles.

Paulette

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode