No Tapatalk, No TPT? - The Planted Tank Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
No Tapatalk, No TPT?

can someone explain to me why people don't want to the use TPT anymore because they are no longer being affiliated with Tapatalk. it doesn't make sense why you stop using this wonderful board because you can't use some silly app

Will

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

on Facebook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Perceived ease of use and some missing functionality.

Snail Glades,
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (35/100%)
I don't think this is an issue for those that have a computer, but if you are connecting via mobile device tapatalk was an extremely fast and easy way to browse tpt. Using tpt with my mobile browser is too cumbersome. The font is extremely small and I have to do a lot of resizing of the screen to use the site. While the mobile version offered is sufficient it lacks the convince that tapatalk had as far as finding 'new threads' as well as participated threads with ease. Instead of having those things in a convienent tab, I understand you can mark them thru your user cp. I'm not saying people are going to stop using tpt site, but I can guarantee it is going to slow down usage of browsing the site with mobile devices for some people. Me being one of them. If I am monitoring a particular thread or waiting for a pm I will use the mobile version, but I will not be browsing the site on my breaks anymore while at work as its just not convienent to do so, which lets be frank that is what most people like. Jmho

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Maybe because Tapatalk creates problems? If one doesn't have time to actually sit down and think about an answer or comment, it often should not be made.
It kind of gets back to the days when some people had dial-up service and others high speed connections. The dial up folks resisted having pictures as it took too long for them to load but then the rest of the group wanted pictures and the deal was closed. The same will come about this time. If Tapatalk is the way it operates best, it will settle out that way. If not, those who feel strongly they have to tap, will find other places. Just business.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I'm still on...

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedRich View Post
Maybe because Tapatalk creates problems? If one doesn't have time to actually sit down and think about an answer or comment, it often should not be made. .
Ate you trying to be ironic here?

Snail Glades,
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
You can't upload pictures nor check participated topics nor edit your posts with the Mobil version.

It makes following a thread more difficult and limited. Using the regular version in my iPod is a PITA. And impossible to attach pictures that way also.

I could participate on TPT when I use my pc which is every few months.

Unfortunately this IS a huge wall for me.

A heavily planted shrimp tank is possible!

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
I use tapatalk at home over using my laptop. I just like the interface. We'll see how the mobile site works out but at the moment it is like other mobile sites, sub par. Maybe the site owners will follow what mfk did and do a stand alone tapatalk site with advertizing (assuming ad $ is at the root of this)
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Im gonna pretend to be a crotchety old man. Everyone just needs to jump on the bandwagon a get 4g smartphones. Tpt.net is basically the same as viewing on my computer just no picture upload

Sump Pimp #7

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I've had one since last year. Tapatalk is still better.

Snail Glades,
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Wannabe Guru

I've an itouch 4

A heavily planted shrimp tank is possible!

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
I missed the original post i guess but tapatalk and tpt are no longer going to function together? When does this start? I love tapatalk, so well laid out. Can check any where any time. User interface is superior for following new topics

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Thouroughly unhappy about the loss of tapatalk..........only can check boards once a night now
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (105/100%)
I go directly to this site via safari on my iphone. no issues.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Blazingwolf View Post
Im gonna pretend to be a crotchety old man. Everyone just needs to jump on the bandwagon a get 4g smartphones. Tpt.net is basically the same as viewing on my computer just no picture upload
My Evo 3d is 4G... BUT does no good when 4G signal is not anywhere near where im at.

I can understand why folks like the Taptalk app.. It makes ALOT of stuff easier. Not just for this board.

It is what it is and chances are I to will not be on the site much when away from my PC.. just to small, to slow and loss of options.

Im not complaining.. Just stating the obvious.

Sun Sun pimp #72
RAOK CLUB # 68

Conway
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode