its been said... but has it been done?? breeding shrimp for good profit?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Exclamation its been said... but has it been done?? breeding shrimp for good profit??

over the last few months i have really looked into breeding shrimp, i have bred cherries successfully and sold some, within 3 months i grew from 10 to over 100 easily, although thats cherries, they arent as challenging, ive also had experience with trials, co2 overdose, planaria overkill but yet still seem to love it, im currently DMS a 10 gal i intended for rcs but i had some questions

for serious breeding i was considering buying A class to start with, since i dont have experience with rcs or serious breeding i thought about starting with about 15 class A about 5 from different vendors to try and get best quality and prevent inbreeding.... my 10 gal is setup with flourish, ecocomplete and on the bottom sand that has been used previously in tanks, im gowing microsword, glosso and baby tears emersed for about a week now, was going to have a sponge filter as well as a hob filter for circultion, running co2 first few weeks its flooded to help prevent algea and promote good growth, then quiet it down once cycled

i was planning on first for a while learning and trying to just pay for the tanks with profit, i have a few lfs wanting shrimp and will work on forums for sales as well as marking, i have done marketing and sales for the last 10 years of my life so hopefully that will help a little

i plan on trying to learn more about packaging and shipping as well as successfull breeding and i know there are quite a few people on here that know some tricks of the trade

but the question is, does anyone who breeds on here make decent cash flow?? what am i getting into? lol i work from home so i have the time and i love this hobby so dedication is not the question im just looking for tips

thanks for all the help given, bad or good comments welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode