Biocube 29 Pump - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Biocube 29 Pump

I have a biocube 29 gal and currently am running a DIY c02 setup with a nano diffuser. The diffuser seems to work great so far for my newly planted tanked but I do notice that there are small bubbles floating around as a result of not completely being diffused into the water.

I was thinking that it may be best to hook the line directly to the pump but unfortunately the stock pump doesnt allow for intake for the line. I guess I could try and putting it right before the intake to see what happens.

Moreover, I'm a little unhappy with the noise level of the pump. I'm not sure if its brand specific or if there is a much better quality pump available, with less sound, and even possibly lower flow? I havent added in fish yet but it seems just a little strong for the type of fish I will probably be adding(some tetras and some baby shrimps)

Does the c02 even need to be diffused within the tank? Can it be placed in chamber 1?

Thank you very much in advance!

First Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update: Tried placing the tube line without diffuser in front of the intake and there definitely was some "ticking" noises as the bubbles passed into the pump.

Could I simply place the diffuser in chamber three, although not in front of the intake. This will probably eliminate all the bubbles.

Either way, I'd still like to hear if you guys have found a more quiet, and probably a little less flow than this pump that fits in the biocube as an great alternative!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Any suggestions or direction I should look into?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Algae Grower

I just picked one of these up too and putting it into the first chamber sounds like a good idea to me. I haven't set it up yet but that's what I'd do
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Here's what I'm trying rite now.
Im running the line into chamber 3 as far down as I can into a ceramic diffuser . I cut and stacked foam sponges ontop of diffuser to top of water line . So far I do not see any co2 bubble lose but I only started doing this today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chaoslord; 07-06-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: miss spelled
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The salt people replace the stock pump with a maxijet, usually a maxijet 900 or 1200, if you want less flow try a maxijet 600, should do the trick.

"Do not need anything to block the Seascapes."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode