Where to get shipping supplies? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Question Where to get shipping supplies?

So I've been using the same recycled boxes and bags people sent me stuff in to return the favor, but ran out. I get Priority boxes from USPS, usually the square cube one, or medium flat rate, not sure what other ones work.

But, what's the cheapest place to get:

1. Kordon breather bags?

2. Foam insulation for USPS boxes?

And other things?

current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

| retired:

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
If you want foam insulation or other kind of insulation. Go to Petsmart and ask them when they get their fish shipments or shrimp/amphibians. You can get free insulation that way.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)
Breather bags: http://www.novalek.net/vshop/shopdis...nd+Accessories

For insulation you could probably get sytrofoam from office depot or somewhere similar. Personally I just use shredded paper and lots of it.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Not sure about the insulated boxes but I get everything else from Kensfish.com Awesome stuff, awesome guy and awesome prices.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Rather than try to figure how to make do with something not really suited, I go for new for insulating boxes. A 4X8 sheet is pretty cheap when balanced against the trouble. A sharp knife cuts it real easy and I just wedge it into the box and add a lid. Duct tape over the corners if you get a bit sloppy with cutting but it soon gets easy.

I look on Aqua bid for suppliers. Prices vary so shopping pays.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Derp, foams boxes are a great idea. Guess I'll just do the Google Shopper / Amazon / eB*aY comparison route.

Alternative is I could buy more shrimp and plants so I have more shipping supplies!

current:

| retired:

|
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
We get a ton of this at work. Our fish are shipped in this foil bubble wrap insulation and they are huge bags that you could cut apart.
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/430...insulation.jpg

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
i havent needed to get these yet but did find them as a just in case if i ever need a place to get them http://www.markofoam.com/usps-insulated-containers.php something like that what u had in mind?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Algae Grower

What about using foam board insulation from home depot to line the shipping box? Cheap, easy and available locally.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Don't want to jack your thread, but where can you get bubble mailers? They aren't provided by USPS, are they?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Algae Grower

Like the bubble envelopes battered? I do believe you can get them from USPS.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
^ anyway you could link me to where I could get them?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode