Found a picture of my old tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Found a picture of my old tank

Hows it going everyone. I was going through some of my old folders and found this picture of my old 29 gallon. To my knowledge this is the only picture that I still have of the tank.

I forgot how nice and vibrant everything was. The tank is no longer running. Someone poured a beer or a shot -or both- into the tank and everything melted away (Its a Longs story haha). Anyways I don't think that I ever got a picture of the tank up before its demise and thought you all might enjoy it. Sorry for the crappy picture, but I'm just glad I have anything left to remember at all.

Lighting: 2x39 watt Aquatic Life T5-Ho running 8 hours a day. The fixture hung over the edges of the tank slightly, but it still looked fine. Finding a good light for a 29 gallon is tough because most 30" t5 fixtures only have 24" bulbs that leave darks spots. With the 36" 72 watt fixture, the length of the tank is covered in pure bulb. You can also cut a screen door cover and place it over the bulb cover if this is too much light, but it worked fine for me.

Filtration: Cheap ebay canister filter I had in the garage

Co2: Pressurized system with 5lb tank running at 2bps diffused through GLA atomizer

Dosing: EI dry ferts, Iron root tabs.

Substrate: 60 lbs Eco complete

20% weekly water change

"Look again at that Pale Blue Dot. That's us. That's home."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thats a great looking tank! Its a shame you donth have no more

"todos somos unos ignorantes pero no todos ignoramos las mismas cosas" Albert Einstein
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Planted Member

Its always warm to get a touch of nostalgia, especially when you thought you had no pics.

Nice tank man.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and much of that comes from bad judgement"

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Algae Grower

It looks so lush! I'm new to this hobby - bought my very first tank, a Fluval Spec, Wednesday night - but this is the sort of tank I hope to have someday.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Gorgeous looking tank you had there. I would hate to have ended a tank's life with a beer or shot poured into it.

Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode