obsessed with shrimps - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
obsessed with shrimps

I'm obsessed with shrimps after i saw those awesome pictures posted by users at the forum, I always wanted to get myself some shrimps. I remodeled my old hermit crab tank after the crabs all died out. Before I started I spend 100$ just for equipment like Sponge filter, Gravels, Flourish Excel, Aquasafe plus, Fluval Co2 20, Florescent hood, Air pump. Spend another 100$ for Cherry shrimps, Ghost Shrimps, Crystal Red Shrimps, 2x Marimo Moss, W/ 4x Ottos. Then I spend another 160$ Ordering from two different sellers over at the forum for Shrimps and Plants. 360$ spend in total
====================>
Now here's the thing, I want to make another shrimp tank. Fluval Ebi Tank or Fluval Edge Tank. I have read all the reviews & had some mixed feelings about this. I am running two 10 gallons tanks already, was debating if a nano tank will look fancy enough to stand out in my room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
I think the Edge tank would look "cooler" and attract more attention because of its unique design. Also, the Ebi comes with a lot of gear that typically isn't quality enough for your average shrimp enthusiast, although it's great for a beginner who is just getting started. For that reason, I would go with an Edge, but it's entirely up to you.

I moss be in love

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
The edge would be a nightmare if you ever get serious about shrimp keeping and decide to sort culls from the keepers, thanks to the tiny access hole.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM
ony
Planted Member

I am loving the ebi but with a HOB filter (see the planted HOB thread). It is definitely an eye catching tank. I probably wouldnt get the fluval co2, its really expensive to be constantly refilling.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

The fluval CO2 is worthless. I have 2 that I no longer use. One came with the EBI and one I bought before I got serious about co2.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
i heard the landscape at the back will pop up...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode