co2 vs none pics please - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
co2 vs none pics please

Im on the fence whether to go pressurized co2 or not.Anyone have before and after pics.Not with higher light and a whole new setup,just apples to apples.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
i just got the the fluval co2 can hold up to 15 gallon tanks, I'm waiting on the results as well, but not to mention it is not as expensive to get the co2.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

If you got some fish, they naturally will produce CO2. In my experience, its mostly the lighting you have that will affect the growth of ur plants.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by izabella87 View Post
If you got some fish, they naturally will produce CO2. In my experience, its mostly the lighting you have that will affect the growth of ur plants.

Well that's just not true. Lighting is a big part, but CO2 helps things along a lot.

Edit: Sorry OP, I don't have any pics for you. CO2 will make things grow a lot faster which is great, but it does create some more maintenance. In the form of trimming I mean. Not really an argument for or against, just something to keep in mind, particularily with faster growing stem plants. Those can get annoying when you end up having to trim every...single...week.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Whether you need it or not depends alot on the plants you want to grow. Low light plants do fine without it. I could show you a pic of my low light non co2 tank if you wanted, but I think you actually want before and after pics, right?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
I always use CO2, regardless of whether the tank has lower light plants or not. It's possible to have a nice tank with healthy growth without, and plenty do this, but after trying both methods and seeing the results, I don't bother thinking about it anymore. Besides, once the initial investment is made, the cost is close to nil to refill the tank once every few months. I really don't see CO2 injection as a hassle or a big deal-just an automatic part of any planted tank I keep.

Also, using CO2 will alow you to play around with the lighting and increase it over time should you choose to do so for faster growth; this isn't an option for a tank without it (up to a point it is, but not to the same extent).

if you're on the fence, I say go for it!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by izabella87 View Post
Lighting drives the requirements for all nutrients; all of them must be non-limiting to have healthy growth. In fact, the higher the light, the quicker all hell can break loose (deficiencies/algae).

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode