Never enough tank space - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
Never enough tank space

I have a problem here. I decided to turn one of my 30 gallon tanks into an extra plant tank just for growing out plants, or keeping a few stems of something I didn't want in my current aquascapes but didn't want to get rid of entirely. A 30 gallon tank is plenty of room for this, right? WRONG! Three weeks later, this tank is full. I'm planning to rescape one or two of my tanks and I'm still facing the problem of deciding which plants I'm willing to part with to make room for new ones. I need an extra tank just to house the plants that can't fit into my extra tank!

15 tanks, and it's still not enough!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (59/100%)
Oh wow, that is a lot of tanks. Personally, two tanks is enough for me. 1 showcase, and the other for refugium/quarantine/odds & ends.

Do you have high light running on all of them? For the tanks you don't want growing out, why don't you lower the light/ferts?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
No, most of them are not high light. And four of them don't count --they belong to my daughters. And most of my tanks are pretty small. . .

. . .and just listen to the addict make up excuses and insist she doesn't have a problem.

Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (68/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken View Post
. . .and just listen to the addict make up excuses and insist she doesn't have a problem.
Bwahahaha! 24 boxes currently wet but 2 are just for quarantine.
(and wanting to convert the wifes hot tub )

If at first you don't succeed,,, keep kicking it
RubberSideDownOnTheLanding,
2-75g planted, 3-55g planted, 110g w/30g sump, 2018 update returning to sanity (Nutz)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Yet another shining example of MTS. Some of us could be the subject of yet another reality show dedicated to MTS. My wife would gladly host it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
i had to stop going to lfs cus everytime i go i buy some plant or something i really don't have room for but hey it looks cool. but as soon as i get a second tank, oh man is it on!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode