White Translucent Sheets?
- Very hard water
- Basic (8.2+ according to the test strips)
- No nitrite, low nitrate, no ammonia as of last night
I have a 20G High tank with:
- RapidLED 24 Ultra Premium dimmable kit with 16 cool white, 6 neutral white, and 2 royal blue LEDs (the royal blue are very dim and mostly use for a moonlight). The LEDs are being used at full power from 10a to 8p right now
- Rena XP1 with spray bar attachment being used aiming toward the surface some for some water movement (but no splashing)
- Paintball CO2 just started 2 days ago, initially 2-3bps but dialed it back to around 1-2bps and it's held steady since last night at 1-2bps. However, using a needle valve and plan to replace it with a regulator shortly as the needle valve is pretty tough to stay consistent but has been now after running for a bit (also didn't know, when I ordered it, that a regulator is the most correct way to do it). The Drop Checker is also green currently and I'm running a diffuser under the filter inlet and it seems to have 100% diffusion
- I dosed Flourish Saturday night at correct dosage and then at about 1/2 strength last night as I read, initially, it's good to dose a bit high especially on a high light setup (which I believe mine is). I also use root tabs every 3-6" throughout the tank where plants are
- I did a 30-40% water change last night using the same water I always use, tap water (well water actually)
I also added quite a few live plants on Wednesday of last week (ordered online), but finally got a chance to watch the tank some and turned the co2 on Saturday. With the co2, I added Flourish to complete everything (I saw some pearling from my Java ferns last night too!, prior to the water change). I did not have an algae outbreak at all or anything odd happen before this morning. It kind of looks like a skin or something? Because I had to head to work, I didn't get a chance to look over the tank too carefully. I did see that the fish seemed fine as I didn't notice them having any issues with it and all fish seemed healthy. Whatever this is was on just a couple of plants (my Amazon Swords actually actually it seemed, which I've had in the tank for a couple weeks now) and coming out of the spray bar.
EDIT: yes, I know the plants look a little beat in the picture. I think they're just going through an initial shock and since I've only recently started dosing they haven't recovered yet from the move and everything
EDIT2: The tank has been up and running for about a month now. It finished cycling quickly as I was able to seed it from another tank and I've had fish in it for about 3 weeks or so. I've checked ammonia and other readings daily to confirm all was well and overall it's been very good. Now, as someone I know suggested, maybe this is a type of diatom bloom I'm seeing?
This is what I saw:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Originally Posted by pejerrey
"Give a man a fish and he will get a bowl, teach a man how to keep fish and he will get a planted tank"