Whats in your stand? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Whats in your stand?

Hi gang,

So I took some shots of my setup today for another post of mine on breeding shiners. I decided to ask you guys what you had going on under those tanks of yours. For me cost was an issue and I wanted to have a full breeding system in the smallest space possible. All while not uglying up the living room as the fiance put it.

In this setup I have...
55 Gallon main tank
5.5 Gallon Fry tank
5 Gallon brine grow out
2 liter brine hatchery
In the photos I hve just the two liter but when its assembled I simply cut out all the light and use a flash light to bring the babys to the bottom. Then I use Gravity to feed the babys into a coffe filter which I add to freshwater. After that I simply feed and add a few more eggs. Doing this I only change the water once a week or so.

This system has worked out for me.

However there are a few things I would change.

So lets see what you guys got,

Sexy Sumps
Quiet Quarantiens
you get the picture lets see behind those doors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I like your set up! Having tanks in your stand --that's a new one! Stuff nobody should see is under mine.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Hmmm inside my stand is my canister filter, a 2 outlet battery backup airpump, my power strip, my inline heater, a Python-type vac & 2 smaller gravel vacs for my nanos, 3 empty gallon jugs for water changes on the nanos, a bunch of nets, long gloves, some polyfill, and alot of dust & crud & bits of dried up duck weed!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
LOL i got a c02 bottle a reactor and sump crammed under my 29
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120216_222837.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	44045  

Sump Pimp #7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Hmm...

Well my 20g stand holds:
- My Nintendo Wii and some games
- Wii controllers and misc accessories below it with a power strip
- Stored in a central small cabinet:
- - Air pump
- - Rena XP1
- - Fish medications
- In another shelf:
- - 24oz CO2 bottle
- - Variety of fish foods
- Another shelf:
- - Net
- - Algae scraper
- - Fertilizers
- - Dechlorinator
- - Ammonia reducer
- - Etc

Just to the left, outside the stand, is my backup power supply with the lights, light fan, filter, and heater running on the battery backup and everything else running with no power backup. I also have 2 outlet timers plugged into the UPS (one for the lights and fan, the other for the bubbler - both timers on opposite times for the co2)

Behind the stand I have the drivers for the LEDs and the dimmer-controller

-Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejerrey
"Give a man a fish and he will get a bowl, teach a man how to keep fish and he will get a planted tank"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Whats in my stand? I don't know!!

I'm afraid to open my stand...minimum of 30 years of little things that I might want to use later!!!....lol
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Algae Grower

Fantastic setup. I like the idea of having the second (and third) tank under the stand. I may have to steal that idea to setup a small breeder tank. And your stand is fantastically organized too!

Under my stand: foods, nets, DIY CO2 bottle (1 Gal. Gatorade bottle), Prime, Test kits, some rocks, miscellaneous other supplies that are just shoved down there.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Algae Grower

In my 125 gallon stand.

- Giant Rubbermaid container that holds all my external plumbing, canister filter, UV sterilizer, co2. in case there is a leak maybe it would fill up or the problem caught before flooding my house.
- 3 5 gallon buckets & 1 2 gallon bucket w/ poor spout. I like to pre-mix my chemicals for measuring/temperature/and ph adjustment.
-2 surge protectors one with timers other without for non lighting/co2 equipment.
-2 level -lazy Suzann for holding all my chemicals & tools like feeding tongs and equipment I don't use but don't want to get rid of like aerator.
-3 nets of various sizes
-several box' of carbon & filter floss.
-cleaning supplies like algae brushes, pipe cleaners, and tooth brushes.

That's about it, the Rubbermaid container and buckets take up most of the space but its fairly organized.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you like my system feel free to steal change and manipulate it as you please. I created this with mainly supplys lying around the house. It works great and the fiance doesnt find it unpleasent to look at.

When I had thoughts of building a rack system with 2x4's to house a few 10's and some twenties the little lady made that I dont like this face and I knew my plan would need to change.

So, I just put it in the stand and at this point what she doesnt see doesnt bother her.

I just finalized a purchase on craigslist to buy another 30 gallon with stand. Im going to use the thirty to house my breeding shiners and im hoping to fit a 10 gallon underneath as a fry grow out.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)
HA , I was wondering just last night who spends time making the mechanical parts look as good as the tank. You've done a great job!!

In my stand I have 2 marineland canisters running 2 rex reactors made out of clear pvc, I put lights and clear caps on the bottom of them so the cylinders for the reactors light up. It looks crazy cool when they have a swirl of bubbles in them.
All of my tubes and wires are stashed as best as could be.
I like people to look at the tank and say how cool it looks, then I open the stand doors and jaws drop.
Can't figure out how to attach pics, Look in my profile under 40 gal
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks,

I went to school for mechanical enineering so Im always looking at the jumble of cords and hoses going how can I make that more appealing how can I shorten the distance that air has to flow....

The three air pumps I have 2 small ones and a medium one are running
a brine hatchery
2x10 gallon sponge filter
1x20 gallon sponge filter
2x12" air stones
1x8" air stone
Honestly I could probably add more things If I wanted to.

Next step is to paint all the tank backgrounds on and paint all the wood stands, im waiting till im completly satisfied with the design then I will drain, paint and add the finishing touches. Im thinking of using Truck bed liner as a paint on the stands. All the tops are MDF and I dont want them to swell from water being spilled on them.

Notice my air pumps are about 2 inches from the distribution block. and all runs are short and direct.

The check valves are all equally spaced etc, my girlfriend calls me neurotic I say im passionate.

None of the hoses are spliced unless going from clear to black or from hose to filter.

Honestly Im running out of room for aquarium supplies so I have to use the stand walls.

All the air hoses you see are black and the ones you dont see are the more cost effective clear tubing. (after the pics I changed the clear tubing on the filters in the two tanks to black.)

Just wait till its all done.
Alex R.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-ram View Post
Looks great!!!!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here's what under my 40G
left side
Eheim 2173 (350T)
right side
Ferts and stuff
cerges reactor fed from the Fire extinguisher for Co2 in to inline atomic diffuser
the black box on the door is the light controller (grobeam 1000nd x2)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0055.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	44080  

Canon Pimp Club #003
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
"Living in the lap of luxury isn`t bad, except you never know when luxury is going to stand up." Orson Welles
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-ram View Post
Tell the truth - you tidied that up a bit before you took the pic, didn't you???

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode