Tossing Around Some Ideas. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (21/100%)
Tossing Around Some Ideas.

So the tanks I am looking about messing around with right now are 2*40Br (one empty, and one with a few channel cats it), 2*55 Gallon (both empty), 75 gallon (6angels / 14corries / a few other random odds and ends), 125 gallon 2 dumb tilapia.

The only one of those tanks in my living room are the 75, the rest are in the basement / fishroom. I am thinking that I would like to set that up as a dart frog vivarium (the best thing about dart frogs = high humidity so I can grow my emersed plants). So the idea is eat the tilapia to free up the 125 then move the contents of the 75 to it (as well as dirt it ). I have been letting my fx5 suck up the angelfish fry in the 75 and I think I would like to start keeping some (fry tanks out of the 55s). Maybe use the 40s for more grow out tanks if needed or plant farm tanks (or maybe both if I play it correctly). I'm still not sure what to do with the channel cats I got them back when I was into aquaponics but now that that phase has passed I have no use for them(them and the tilapia made my lettuce grow well ).

I guess I am looking for people to critique my ideas before I start, that way I might fix issues before I even have them :P Also if anyone has some cool Ideas for the dozen or so empty 20Ls that are sitting in the basement speak up lol

The Fraternity of Dirt #59

RAOK Club #40

Take me to your
Shrimp

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode