Four Story Aquarium Anyone? - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Mxx
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Posts: 667
Four Story Aquarium Anyone?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-300-fish.html

The mad thing is that the images in the article appear to be entirely tabloid speculation as to the design and configuration of said aquarium!

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/news/thier...ze=10#comments
Mxx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 590
Only 3ft wide? That sounds like a bad move! I'd hate to be the diver that has to get into a 3ft wide tank and go down 4 stories to try to clean lol. Yikes!
ktownhero is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
honor's Avatar
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 455
sounds like a dumb jock.
honor is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
GeToChKn's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,116
Reading it says its 4 separate tanks actually and not 1 tall one. Just made to appear to look like 1.

20g platy, , 2 x 10g shrimp, 3 x 20g shrimp, 7.5g shrimp and 1 great dane/mastiff puppy.

Sump Pimp #2


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GeToChKn is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Mxx
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownhero View Post
Only 3ft wide? That sounds like a bad move! I'd hate to be the diver that has to get into a 3ft wide tank and go down 4 stories to try to clean lol. Yikes!
Actually I think that'd be a great job! Would certainly beat the commercial diving work I used to do, which tended to be adding flotation barrels underneath boathouses during the frigid dead of winter!
Mxx is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
Actually I think that'd be a great job! Would certainly beat the commercial diving work I used to do, which tended to be adding flotation barrels underneath boathouses during the frigid dead of winter!
Really? You'd want to be in a 3ft crawl space made of glass while wearing a solid metal tank on your back? lol.
ktownhero is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Mxx
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownhero View Post
Really? You'd want to be in a 3ft crawl space made of glass while wearing a solid metal tank on your back? lol.
Would not spending my day scuba-diving in something akin to a coral reef for £50 an hour perhaps not beat the thrill of my desk job?

At least the 'crawl space' would be warm and made of glass. My previous diving work was often in 32 degree water with a strong current where I'd be in tight quarters wrestling 55 gallon barrels into place in complete darkness with absolutely zero visibility while wearing a full body drysuit and doubled up insulation suits. And to prevent the current from sweeping me away, I couldn't wear a weightbelt, so I was plastered up against the bottom of these houseboats and crawling around upside down... Good times! So I'm thinking yes, that'd be comparatively quite pleasant.
Mxx is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by honor View Post
sounds like a dumb jock.
Thierry is one of the smartest athletes out there! Research before you speak!
austinz33 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Planted Member
 
mindfestival's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 192
Granted, that is an incredible tank.

Although, I have always found knowledge to be far more impressive than absurd wealth.

Not that he needs to know, but I wonder if he would take the time to actually learn about the hobby..
mindfestival is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Planted Member
 
mindfestival's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinz33 View Post
Thierry is one of the smartest athletes out there! Research before you speak!

-not to say he isnt intelligent, my statement is confined specifically to this hobby.
mindfestival is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
Would not spending my day scuba-diving in something akin to a coral reef for £50 an hour perhaps not beat the thrill of my desk job?

At least the 'crawl space' would be warm and made of glass. My previous diving work was often in 32 degree water with a strong current where I'd be in tight quarters wrestling 55 gallon barrels into place in complete darkness with absolutely zero visibility while wearing a full body drysuit and doubled up insulation suits. And to prevent the current from sweeping me away, I couldn't wear a weightbelt, so I was plastered up against the bottom of these houseboats and crawling around upside down... Good times! So I'm thinking yes, that'd be comparatively quite pleasant.
lol, that sounds miserable. Yet, any time spent breathing under water is time well spent, IMO!
ktownhero is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Mxx
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfestival View Post
-not to say he isnt intelligent, my statement is confined specifically to this hobby.
Seems far more clever and classy to bling yourself out with a sweet aquarium which makes you far a more interesting and perhaps relaxed person, than to instead buy phenomenally expensive fast cars you'd never be able to reasonably bring anywhere near their maximum speed on London streets, like most athletes and bankers do...
Mxx is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (153/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 9,750
I read that he is going to knock down a very nice house to build it.
hydrophyte is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Planted Member
 
mindfestival's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 192
A house to almost the same value - minus the fish tank.

Ridiculous.
mindfestival is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
SlammedDC2's Avatar
 
PTrader: (26/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinz33 View Post
Thierry is one of the smartest athletes out there! Research before you speak!
You can be intelligent without having common sense and vise a versa

Semper Fi
SlammedDC2 is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome