saltwater/ marine planted tank? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)
saltwater/ marine planted tank?

anyone keep saltwater tanks on the forum? i set up a saltwater tank a while back and everything is running good with it and sense im a planted tank guy i want to add some macro algaes and or plants that grow in saltwater or whatever. any one else into this kind of stuff? if so im also looking for more different kindas of macro algaes and what not, i have caulerpa growing right now but want some others to go with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
josh
NIKON pimp #004

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
I currently have one going. It was just stunning. LOVED my tank. Here is my thread
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...116#post683116

32 gal planted amazonian-ish tank
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

nice what all did you have growing in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skabooya View Post
I currently have one going. It was just stunning. LOVED my tank. Here is my thread
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...116#post683116

josh
NIKON pimp #004

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

OMG let see if I remember them all.
Sargassum
green grape caulerpa
caulerpa prolifera
titan?
boodelia
red grape (botrocladia sp?? 2 different species)
short codium
red feather
2 varieties of halymenia
halmedia optuna
a couple unknowns
.... ummm I know Im forgetting some but I cant think of them right now. I have a list in the thread somewhere.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

you dont happen to have some you could sale do you?

josh
NIKON pimp #004

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Even if I did, I am in Canada. They wouldn't make it across the border. But no, I dont. I used to sell, but since the grape calupra has grown to plague proportions it has choked nearly everything. I have been trying to get it under control and it is a horrible sight right now I bairly have any of the "good stuff" left.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ah I didn't realize that you were in Canada lol it was worth a shot.

josh
NIKON pimp #004

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I just started a 29 intended to be a reef tank. I was thinking of putting some sea grass (or some other plant), but the wife is against it -- she just wants to see corals and the planted tank has plenty of plants in it, yada, yada, yada.

At least she accepted the fact that I couldn't have a Regal Blue Tang (Dory) in the tank because the tang might grow to 12" and likes a lot of swimming area (the 29 gallon tank is only 12" deep).

Marineland 26 bow front:

40 gallon breeder (and 20 gallon long):

10 gallon with PAR30 LED:
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've been thinking about this lately -- what do folks think of CO2 injection in a salt water planted/soft coral tank? I know you want higher pH, but we've seen that pH reduction from CO2 doesn't seem to bother fish.

Thoughts?

Marineland 26 bow front:

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yea I have a few soft corals in mine and will prob add more later. But I still want to add more macro algae or plants to help suck up phosphates and other junk

josh
NIKON pimp #004

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ion-96360.html

Marineland 26 bow front:

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Go check out the Barr Report forum. The last time I read C02 in a saltwater planted tank is useless however, some people noticed a difference. They started an experiment involving that but I haven't looked into it. Might be worth checking it out.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

anyone else have any macro algaes to spare?

josh
NIKON pimp #004

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

anyone else

josh
NIKON pimp #004

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Canon pimp #002

PTrader: (38/100%)
Scream aim fire, I posted some info in your WTB thread.

Here's a few of the ones that source has...
Caulerpa Prolifera
Caulerpa Mexicana
Grape Caulerpa
Chaetomorpha
Otchodes
Red gracillaria
Halmedia
Caulerpa taxifolia

Canon Pimp Club #002
Honeycomb and friends club

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode