your next tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
your next tank

Just for fun, what is your next tank/why?

I haven't even finished my current project and I am already planning another!

Anyway, I am debating between a 36x18x24, or 24x24x16, or Ada 75p.

I am a renter so I am limited on size, and even the 3 foot tank is pushing it. I couldn't get a 4+ ft tank that would have the depth I'm looking for and still fit in with a rental unit (size/weight). Plus I already have a light that would work for options 2 or 3.

I have kept:
10g: like the proportions but just too small for me...
15g tall: I hate this tank, so it has taken on quarantine duty...
20g: good height to depth, but I find it a little short for the picture view...
29g: awesome picture view, but the depth is just too limited for how tall it is...

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 02:34 AM
Algae Grower

I would do a 125g+ riparium. I want to have some salamanders and turtles in the same enviroment. Kinda a cross section of a typical North American stream. Still debating on how to recreate the current.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
ADA Mini M 5.5g
DIY LED Light
Co2
DIY Co2 Reactor/Inline Heater
Eheim 2211 or 2213
Iwagumi-ish
Chili Rasboras

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 02:42 AM
Algae Grower

just got my 30 gallon long set up and already want a 55g but i have to wait till i get a house since i live on the 2nd floor of a condo complex...bummer
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I want to do an ADA 30c (12x12x12inches). Iwagumi style tank. Fire red cherries, with some dwarf cories, chili rasboras or ember tetras.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/95%)
My next tank was supposed to be a 75g reef setup... but I realized my cichlids are breeding, and even though I told my wife I was taking down that tank too, I told her nope, I'm keeping them AND getting them a bigger tank, so it'll be a 40 breeder, I think, until I can get them what they really deserve (75+).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

– a 40g reef
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Another 20L...for more shrimp of course.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
A Mini M with its Solar Mini M, CO2 injection, ferts, dry start with HC and undecided shrimp. It won't be up for a while since it's for when I move out. It'll have remineralized RO water, lily pipes, some eheim canister with an inline heater and all that good stuff. After that probably a 60-P and then a custom 100-120g tank as a centerpiece in the living room.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (492/100%)
Mine is this new 12gal long from Mr. Aqua.

For Fire Red Cherries. Decided it was time to have a low-tech tank and this seemed like the perfect choice.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
100-110g

Always wanted discus, but I very much enjoyed having a school or piranhas in the past.
Would probably go with the piranhas as I wouldn't have to do near the amount of upkeep.

Semper Fi
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
I'm going to move the fish out of one of my 30 gallon tanks into a 20 gallon I got from Petco during their last $1 a gallon sale, and turn the 30 gallon into a farm tank.

I've decided I need a farm tank in which to grow out plants without trying to aquascape at all. That way, perhaps my other tanks can have an aquascaping style other than the "Collectoritis" style! I always have such a hard time removing any plant from an aquascape, because I don't want to lose it forever! We'll see if this helps.

Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

A shrimp only tank. Been wanting some for a while now. I think I'm going to set up another 6.6 gallon bookshelf aquarium for them like my betta is in.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken View Post
That way, perhaps my other tanks can have an aquascaping style other than the "Collectoritis" style! I always have such a hard time removing any plant from an aquascape, because I don't want to lose it forever! We'll see if this helps.
I'm with you there. I keep adding plants to my tank but have yet to remove more than clippings or runners. It's getting crowded.

Semper Fi
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
I've got a 30G now, 36x12. My next tank, when I have space, will be at least 1 foot longer and 6 inches deeper, so 75G+?

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

If I had my way I'd like my next tank to be 8x2x2. No clue what that is in gallons, but I just want it to be very long so can have different areas in it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode