Brine Shrimp - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Brine Shrimp

What would I need to start raising Brine Shrimp?

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
That's a major pain in the butt, I tried it before and it's kinda like a bacteria festival, they are a lot of work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 06:50 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ming Send a message via MSN to ming
I wouldn't say its a major pain in the butt. Its really simple to me.
I did something like this
http://www.aquaria.4t.com/images/bri...p_hatchery.jpg
except they put the air tubing through the cap, I just got a 3/16" plastic tube (the one used for undergravel filter) and put it from the top. In moderate lighting, warm temperatures, the BBS will hatch in 18-24 hours. When its done, let the BBS settle by taking the airtubing out, the BBS will settle on the bottom and siphon out to avoid the egg shells.
Oh yeah, and I use about 3 teaspoon of non-iodized salt per liter

Taken down

Taken down
10G, 2x10W PC Walmart Screw-ins Cherry Shrimp Tank
29G, 2x65W PC Coralife, Flourite Taken down

Taken down

75G, 2x54W T5, 90lbs Flourite

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
When he/she said Brine Shrimp, I was assuming they would be raised to adult size. If you just want to hatch some eggs, it's not to hard, but to take them to the adult stage is a little harder than I am willing to work when I can pick them up for .99 cents at the LFS.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ming Send a message via MSN to ming
Oh, I must have misread. My fault.
And I must agree, raising them to adults is too hard as I have tried as well. Much easier to buy from the LFS.

Taken down

Taken down
10G, 2x10W PC Walmart Screw-ins Cherry Shrimp Tank
29G, 2x65W PC Coralife, Flourite Taken down

Taken down

75G, 2x54W T5, 90lbs Flourite

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode