NEW 46 gal Bowfront First PIX - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (2/100%)
NEW 46 gal Bowfront First PIX

I've been working on this for a while now. I've got it planted with as many plants as I can afford [!] at this point. Specs:

46 Gal All-glass Bowfront
Eco-complete substrate
Eheim 2322 Thermofilter
110 watts lighting
Hagen Co2 Thingey [I know it's too small, but I'm out of $$ right now! ]

e-bay driftwood on slate

Java ferns
Balansae
Red C. wendtii
Coffeefolia
Cardamine
Tiger Lily bulb
Glossostigma [looking shakey right now]

There's a school of Von Rio tetra, a school of corys, and 2 teeny angelfish. A Big Dog Snail patrols regularly.

Comments, opinions, suggestions? Thanks!
Figgy

Last edited by figgy; 12-23-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Good Job!!!

I am waiting for my eco-complete to arrive, also my 96w light. Now just have to change all the existing gravel and add a CO2 system.

How is your CO2 working out for you? and what do you mean by it being too small? I was planing on a DIY mixture with one of those Hagen diffusers for my 46 bf.

Nice seeing a fellow Michigander....GO STATE!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

I guess the Hagen complete setup is only meant for tanks up to 20 gal. If you're making your own generator seems like you could make it big enough for the 46g tank. Mine has only been on duty for half a day so far-stay tuned.

Figs----uh, that's GO BLUE!!!!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 03:33 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wow! Nice setup! Love the driftwood!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 04:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Nice to see another 46bow on the forum . Do me a favor - get a pair of forceps and spread out that glosso. I know what you mean when it comes to running out of $$$. Since your CO2 will be low for a while, I recommend reducing your photoperiod to 8 hours (I guess I'm assuming you were planning to run your lights for 12 hours - sorry to jump to conclusions). Too much light, without CO2 can (and has, for me) create algae issues.

Driftwood looks great. Much harder to find nice horizontal pieces [than vertical pieces] - nice find.

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I use the hagen in a 37 gallon with a hob filter and no problems. Co2 (30-45ppm)

40 gallon SeaClear Acrylic, 192 watt Orbit Lunar PC, Filstar XP2, Filstar XP1, JBJ Regulator, Rhinox 5000 glass co2 diffusor, 9 watt UV sterilizer, Hydor Inline Heater, Pool Filter Sand substrate
Filstar pimp #53

How comes shoppings so stupid, looks at all this stuff I haves, what do I do's with it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input on the glosso. It was looking so fragile that I was afraid to mess with it too much and just poked it into the substrate hoping it'd recover awhile. It does look too "planned" this way.

The driftwood actually looks better flipped over--it has an arch--but right now I've got that part weighed down to keep it from floating!

Thanks for the helpful comments!
Fig

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode