Does your tank wall look like a soda? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Does your tank wall look like a soda?

Funny observation --

Every day, after coming home from a day of work, the front glass of my tank is always covered with pearling bubbles -- like the carbonated bubbles in a soda can . I'm glad the plants are healthy, but dang, it sure doesn't make for pretty viewing. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
The only time I have seen the tank sides pearl is A) WC or B) thick algae. Could you add a powerhead or otherwise rejigger your system to provide a little more current?

Moved to Tucson.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (92/100%)
Yup ...it happens to my tanks with the same 2 situations Blue Ram mentioned...

Ehiem Pimp # 88
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

29 Gallon PC 4WPG,Ehiem 2224 Pro, Pressurized CO2, Power Reactor, Eco Complete
75 Gallon PC 3.5WPG,Ehiem 2226 Pro, Pressurized CO2, Ext Reactor 1000, Eco Complete

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 06:55 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
It happens to mine after a water change.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Oops, I think I wasn't clear enough. My tank walls aren't actually pearling (I don't think). Rather, there apparently is so much pearling in the tank, the bubbles (I assume) drift and cling to the walls -- yes, much like after a water change when bubbles cling to the glass, which happens to me, too. I only get the usual minor dust algae on the tank walls between weekly cleanings, but this dust algae is normal, isn't it? I don't think the dust algae is pearling -- but, hmm, I will gently wipe off the bubbles next time and see how they reappear, where they are sourcing from. I'm pretty sure these bubbles still appear on the glass even after I wipe down the dust algae.

I'd have to look at my powerhead configuration -- might be tricky blasting a jet along the whole length of the front tank glass. Not sure how the fish would appreciate a solid blast of water from a powerhead stuck to on the back of the tank shooting against the front pane. I'll tinker maybe.

My best view of the tank is in the morning hours, before pearling really gets started.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Look at your filter outlets, could be that's where the bubbles come from. Turn off the filter for a couple of minutes to verify.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode