What happened to plantedtank.net.... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
What happened to plantedtank.net....

On Aquarank? Why has all the emphasis dropped for this, it used to be and still is a big deal on many other planted and indeed general aquaria sites. Why not here anymore? We used to rank top 5 apparently

It's be good to know why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Wannabe Guru

I noticed the same thing the last time I visited aquarank. This was discussed some time ago, and some valid points were made, pro and con, regarding this matter.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...light=aquarank
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:47 AM

PTrader: (9/100%)
We don't need the notoriety. Our membership blows all the others away.

Marcel

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.lemay
We don't need the notoriety. Our membership blows all the others away.

Marcel
Agreed. word of mouth is better than any ad's

Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
This is definetaly the most active board around.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I quit one of the other boards because it was fast becoming an Amano fan club / cult. I refer anyone and everyone here because people are friendly, informative and welcome a diverse range of people and skill levels.

Except for the frog, I have issues with the frog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
opening soon
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass-gardens.com

Which frog? The frog from "Frog crossing only: All others will be Toad"?

Moved to Tucson.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:26 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Took me a second, heh

opening soon
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Algae Grower

Does it really matter?

I found this site with a bit of google and a bit of hyperlink navigation. IMHO, I stumbled upon a few gems to help flourish my new hobby, this site being one of the most precious. If a fellow hobbist really cares, is genuinely curious, and has a bit of grey matter between their ears they'll find it some way or another. 90% of people aren't like this, and since 90% of the votes come from people aren't like this then who cares what they think. Quality of people and posts is far more important than quantity for a site such as this one.

some stuff in a tank
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 02:36 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
I posted a problem (Bad calculator) on another forum, checked it daily, a week went by, e-mailed the admin, a week went by. I don't go there much because nobody is there and I never got a reply.

When I answer a post here, two other people have already posted an answer before I can finish typing and click submit. That's the way it should be, We don't no stinkin' rank (Scareface), this place is numero uno.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 02:45 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
I found this site as well by google and following a few links. The reason I stayed is because I found what I needed. My first post was about Green Water (^%$#@$#@!%^%#) and people who had been here a while Buck and Momo I belive took the time to answer my post even though I easily could have searched and found it (I now know that) but they took the time, If it would have gone unanswered, I would have probabally moved on.

Bottom line I was welcomed here, reguardless of my level of experiance. I have learned alot and am looking for more.

Thank you all for makeing this place what it is
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 05:18 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
What'd I do?

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 05:20 AM

I've looked around at a few other aquarium forums, and this one is by far the best. The people are courteous (even when i post something wrong), and the knowledge/experience of some of the folks here is remarkable. I almost have my algae problem under control thanks to a lot of the posts I've been reading through (I'm still fighting with the BBA on the swords).
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
Well, I joined here a couple months back and at that time I was frequenting several other similar sites ----> www.aquaticplantcentral.com, www.aquaria.com, www.plantgeek.com, www.fish-forums.com, www.tropicalresources.net, www.killies.com and of course www.plantedtank.net. This one by far had the best discussions and the most activity and helpful folks, so this is pretty much the only place I ever go anymore

90g journal:

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -

SAPS member -
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
All I can do is parrot what everyone's already said. Plantedtank.net rocks !

Slinte!
Cindy

-
2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode