Question on 29 gallon tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question on 29 gallon tank

I recently turned my 29 gallon 'rescue tank' into my second planted aquarium. Set up is as follows: I put down a layer of Flora-Max substrate followed by a layer of Eco Complete followed by a covering layer of white-beige gravel. I added the gravel first to the front and sides of the tank so that it appears that there is only the gravel in the tank you cannot see either substrate. Some of the plants are trimmings from my 55 gallon planted tank while others are store bought including some onion plant bulbs and after each was planted they got a trace and iron tab inserted into the substrate. I have also been dosing the tank with Seachem Flourish Excel (at first every other day but I am going to try a daily dosing schedule) as this tank has no CO2 injection at this time. I also added an Aqueon T5 Fixture with 2-18 watt lights (a ColorMax pink bulb and a 6700K bulb). The tank has some platty babies, 3 corys, a large algae eater, 2 otos and a newly added betta and all seem fine with the Aqueon Power filter for a 35 gallon tank, lights on from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM and temp set at 78 degrees - awaiting new growth but know that with no C02 and 36 watts of light plants will grow slower. Any suggestions or ideas to better handle this set up?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
You have good low light on that tank. You should be able to grow several low light plants very well, but slowly. The Excel will help them, but not as much as CO2 would. Patience is what you need.

Hoppy

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode