USPS...uugghh - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
USPS...uugghh

So this is the 2nd time in as many weeks that the USPS has decided that inter-office soccer is acceptable. I told the mailman that dropped this box off that from now on I would have to use UPS or FedEx as I am tired of my packages being destroyed.
Is there somewhere or someone I can talk to that might actually do something about this? I know that anyone at the local PO will not care. Anyway on with the pics. This is how the box looked as the mailman set it down on my counter at work...

EDIT: I talked to the post office this morning (12-1) They transfered me to a supervisor. She told me that they recieved the package that way. I told her that I doubt the shipper did this to the box. She responded back with well that's how it was when we got it from Nashville but she will let her supervisor know.
So basically they don't care yet still they wonder why they're 5 billion dollars in the hole.

Semper Fi

Last edited by SlammedDC2; 12-01-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added post office BS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (83/100%)
Wow thats rough! How the hell does that even happen!? Btw I went through elementary in Clarksville still have some family there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
+

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (206/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
ask your postmaster for the number for your local consumer affairs.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuggs View Post
Wow thats rough! How the hell does that even happen!? Btw I went through elementary in Clarksville still have some family there.
Beats the hell out of me.
Wow, I've never met anyone who lived here, where'd you go? My wife teaches 3rd grade at Liberty. You'll have to look me up if your ever in town, I'll show you....wait nvm there's still nothing in this town lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
ask your postmaster for the number for your local consumer affairs.
I will call them tomorrow, thank you.

Semper Fi
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
Was the box wet at all? It looks a little damp in the picture.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (83/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedDC2 View Post
Beats the hell out of me.
Wow, I've never met anyone who lived here, where'd you go? My wife teaches 3rd grade at Liberty. You'll have to look me up if your ever in town, I'll show you....wait nvm there's still nothing in this town lol.
Been awhile since I have been there. I went to Minglewood, Ring Gold, Byrns Darden, St. Bethlehem, and Burt. Not sure if they are still name that was quiet awhile since Im 29 now. When I lived there was alot to do but not sure how the city is doing now. I was also a kid so things seemed much bigger and better back then They still have Governer Square Mall and the steamboat on the river? I used to live by Dunbar Cave for awhile too. My step dad was Special Forces. Now that I think more about it that isnt a whole lot there but guess the base kept me busy as a kid that other things. Theres no good fishstores around there that arent corporate hogs?

+
+
+

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
What was in the box anyhow?
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:23 PM
ShrimpRetirement

PTrader: (397/100%)
How heavy were the contents in that box, and was it cushioned properly?

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)
I have never had a problem and ive ordered rocks and bags of substrate. The only ones misshapen were the ones that leaked a little. I have the coolest mailman on the planet tho so my opinion doesnt count for much

My 65g jungle October rain
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)
That may well be the worst looking package I've ever seen delivered...

"If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much..."
Kipling

Fluval Ebi Pimp #29
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
Was the box wet at all? It looks a little damp in the picture.
Bone dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuggs View Post
Been awhile since I have been there. I went to Minglewood, Ring Gold, Byrns Darden, St. Bethlehem, and Burt. Not sure if they are still name that was quiet awhile since Im 29 now. When I lived there was alot to do but not sure how the city is doing now. I was also a kid so things seemed much bigger and better back then They still have Governer Square Mall and the steamboat on the river? I used to live by Dunbar Cave for awhile too. My step dad was Special Forces. Now that I think more about it that isnt a whole lot there but guess the base kept me busy as a kid that other things. Theres no good fishstores around there that arent corporate hogs?
All of those schools are still open, most are way past their prime though. There's alot of new schools in the last 10 years. It's still pretty small with not alot of attractions. Gov. square is still here, I see the steam boat everyonce in a while but I don't go down riverside much anymore since the flood. May 2010 destroyed riverside, there's still business' rebuilding, some never came back. Alot had to be completey demolished and rebuilt. Not once good lfs, theres a petsmart and 3 mom and pop, your lucky if you can order something and get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo View Post
What was in the box anyhow?
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
How heavy were the contents in that box, and was it cushioned properly?
About 40lbs, I would assume so but the bag was spilling out on each end where the box split. I've recieved heavier amounts from the same seller before in the same size box and they came in alright, no splits or ripped tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff Daddy View Post
That may well be the worst looking package I've ever seen delivered...
Remember the very begining of ace ventura pet detective where he dresses as ups for the dog, that was my package.

Semper Fi
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to Patriot
Yeah USPS sucks in my opinion, I order some mgopm off of amazon and they decided to put it on a boat instead of plane. 19 days and still waiting.

Proudly Served in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
SUNSUN PIMP #41
Nikon Club Member #35
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot100% View Post
Yeah USPS sucks in my opinion, I order some mgopm off of amazon and they decided to put it on a boat instead of plane. 19 days and still waiting.
That sucks. I don't understand some peoples thought process.

I'm nervous now because my last package is coming in tomorrow and it has live fish. At least I hope their alive when they get to me.

Semper Fi
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (206/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
40 lbs of MTS (malaysian trumpet snails)?

:p
I kid
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (68/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedDC2 View Post
I'm nervous now because my last package is coming in tomorrow and it has live fish. At least I hope their alive when they get to me.
should be 2 boxes tomorrow

If at first you don't succeed,,, keep kicking it
RubberSideDownOnTheLanding,
2-75g planted, 3-55g planted, 110g w/30g sump, 2018 update returning to sanity (Nutz)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode