I found out that with a planted tank, it starts really good, get bad, gets worse, then gets pretty down right painful. One day, you look at the tank and it's all good.
So, patience is the true step. You have a garden, not a math problem. Not every answer is going to be the same.
But don't worry, lot of people have felt what your going through (past, present, and future). So, lets try to figure this out.
Could you tell us what is your NO3 reading? Check if danmhippo is correct, but I suspect that your ammonia levels up would spike up first. So test your amino too (just in case)
What is your KH? How much are you dosing each?
The EI method is really overdosing Phosphate & Nitrate in the respective ratio, Then change the water to clear it out. But I would guess if you're dosing too much. It's possible the plants and algae will feed. But I'm not positive. I will leave that to Mr. Barr to answer that. I've noticed that lot of people who have a mature tank can and do overdose thier tank, but I'm not sure if you're starting a setting up you should overdose with 4-5x the dosage. Unless, you have more constants in the problem (pressurized co2, big tank, lots of fast growing plants, ...)
But the good news, stay with it, It will get better