Cloudy Water - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cloudy Water

Hello everyone,

Here is the problem:

last Sunday, I did my weekly water change (50%), cleaned and fertilized. the next day, my wife told me that the tank is cloudy. i inspected the tank once i got home and sure thing I found that I did not plug in the filter in the electricity socket. I plugged it thanking that the water will clear in a day or two. it has been almost week since than. I changed about 80% of the water on Thursday....and guess what it started as somewhat clear but by the night it got to be very cloudy. the water is not green and it does not smell or anything. it is just cloudy.

Can you please help
by the way, the tank has been set up now for about 4 months.

Regds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 12:43 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
It could be a bacterial bloom or the onset of green water, gw sometimes starts out looking hazy. Just keep an eye on it and see what develops, go about business as usual, neither situation is harmful to your fish, its just unsightly.
It may go away on its own with a little time.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
My friends tank had a bloom that looked white, like someone was pouring milk in the tank. He covered it for a couple of days and it was gone, he tried water changes first but it just kept coming back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Planted Member

This is off topic but it always amazes me how worldwide this hobby is. Additionally this forum for that matter. Tivaj is halfway around the world from me and many others on this site, and yet, we have the same problems and experiences....yet another reason to love aquaria.

Planted tanks are all about shrimp.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

that's exactly what i was telling my wife the other day.

Regds

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode