Planted tank "art galleries" - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Planted tank "art galleries"

So I've seen videos of Amano's gallery of planted tank and I'm wondering if we have anything similar to that in the US. I figure we have art galleries like the Met and the Smithsonian, and there have been some aquascapes I've seen online that have rivaled some of the greatest artworks I've seen. Some of them invoke very powerful emotions, especially when you imagine the scape to be some distant wonderland and you vicariously live through the shrimp or the fish roaming around in their little enclosed paradise. Basically, if some prominent US aquascaping talents got together and put all their works in a permanent fixture for all of us to visit and see, I would pay some pretty good money to visit that place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
The ADA showroom in San-Fran. But it's not much more than 4 or 5 tanks. Still beautiful nevertheless.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
The ADA showroom in San-Fran. But it's not much more than 4 or 5 tanks. Still beautiful nevertheless.
Where is this? Do you mean Aqua Forest Aquarium? That's more of a retail store than a showroom, but they have some really nice displays.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
ADG commercial offices / show room in Houston usually has a dozen or so 200-400 gallon aquarium and palladuriums set up. Been years since I've been in their offices though. Cant wait to see how their new retail shop turns out. The Senske brothers do great work.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
Where is this? Do you mean Aqua Forest Aquarium? That's more of a retail store than a showroom, but they have some really nice displays.
agreed. was also cool cuz that shop is run by my peeps (taiwanese!). was nice chatting with them in Sept when I visited.

RIP TANKS

"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
Yes, I did mean AFA. It was early in the morning, I had just woken up

But yeah, it really is a great place, I had a blast!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode