Quarantine tank PH? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Question Quarantine tank PH?

Where I live now I am on Well water that comes out at the tap at about 7.8 and does not alter much after resting.

With CO2 injection I keep my main tank at PH 6.7 to 6.8...

So if I set up a quarantine tank using the water from my main tank... the PH will change as I change water and over time during quarantine etc... This is a new problem for me - for years I had a PH of 7.0 and I keep my tanks at 7.0 as well... but the planted realm has brought forward the following question...

What strategies do you use for setting up quarantine / hospital tanks?

Another Flaming Toy I Cannot Afford!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pimp Member # 112

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 04:19 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
my main tank has a ph of 6.8. My quar/hosp tank has a ph of 7.0.

When I move the fish, I just dump them from one tank to the other. Everything has been good, as long as they survive the quarantine waiting period. Just make sure the temps are the same.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
A rapid change of the ph can be very harming to your fishes health. I would definately try to keep both tanks as close as possible. Temperatures in nature will vary much more than ph, ergo rain storms etc., and not bother the fish to any noticable amount.

Eheim pimp #128, 55gal 13x20x48, Eheim Pro 2227, CO2 injected, into the filter breather tube,4x 55w Pcs , 12 hr light cycle (sunrise/sunset simulated), Milwaukee SMS 122, faulty bubble counter replaced with M3 bubble counter..... moderately Planted, Plantex CSM+B and ferts

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode