New tank add-ins?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New tank add-ins??

I will be setting up my 90 Gal tank soon. PFS substrate. I will have a combined 185 Watts of PC/NO light ( 2 x 6500 bulbs and I will try to get one in the 3000 range as I heard it is good for the red spectrum)
My question is:
Without CO2, and at this level of light--what plants would you recommend?
And also, would I need to add fertilizer additives when I set up and through the initial phase of the tank taking hold?

Thanks to all
Dr. J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Forgot

I will probably be stocking the tank with mbuna cichlids. I know my choice is limited by this, but I know it is done.
Thanks again
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Go to http://www.tropica.com/default.asp , click on the advanced search, then
enter your tank, water and lighting parameters and it will give you a list of plants suggested for your particular set up.
As far as your mbuna idea, I think you'll just have to experiment and see what works..

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Hi Dr J, here is an inspiring read for you...

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11730

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Wasserpest,
That looks great, doesn't it!? I've seen that thread before, that's how I know it can be done. However, that guy has more lighting and a CO2 unit. I'm going the low light route and no CO2. I'm also going to use a sand substrate. I know this limits my options, but I'll get it done, and the right way too.
Any further advice from you is appreciated. I've seen your tanks, and they look great.
Dr. J

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode