Don't you wish the aquascape would stop growing? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Don't you wish the aquascape would stop growing?

After a hour of cleaning and pruning my aquarium this evening, I'm thinking to myself, "Boy I wish these plants would stop growing!"

Here's an interesting thought, if you had the perfect aquascape, in terms of layout and ideal plant growth, would you want your aquascape to keep on growing?

Signature removed due to forum violation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulanju View Post
After a hour of cleaning and pruning my aquarium this evening, I'm thinking to myself, "Boy I wish these plants would stop growing!"

Here's an interesting thought, if you had the perfect aquascape, in terms of layout and ideal plant growth, would you want your aquascape to keep on growing?
I understand your wishes, but if things aren't growing, usually they are dying.
You want a perfect static aquascape. Plastic is far from perfect but it is static.
Maybe migrate towards the slow-growers, oak perhaps?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
No, it's living art that should evo.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Properly cared for aquatic plants will generally just keep growing. The growth usually can't be stopped until they reach their 'genetic' maximum size.
In all of the best aquascaped tanks I have ever seen, they get that way with constant, essential trimming, pruning, etc. That's how they look so good.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulanju View Post

Take a picture of it. It will be frozen in time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

No way, with good growth my aquarium never looks the same two days in a row, and it's so easy to mess around, trim it different ways, thin it out, replant, and always know that even if I don't like the results of what I've done it will grow out soon enough.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
Once you find that awesome scape it is hard to let it go... but eventually you get bored and rescape completely anyways.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

PTrader: (11/100%)
It is like a haricut you get to change it up every once in a while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
i agree with pictures. it makes it hard to forget. after so many pictures. u can build an idea of the next perfect scape

Sump Pimp #7

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Make your entire 'scape with c. parva.

Always curious.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 03:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I dont use fertz or CO2.. It limits me species wise somewhat. But I only have to trim my scape every 3 months or so. It took a really long time to fill in. But the wait was worth it. Now I get to enjoy my pretty aquascape for months at a time.. So.. thats cool..
I love looking at all the super high tech tanks. I think I would go bald from maintaining one.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldachleich View Post
I dont use fertz or CO2.. It limits me species wise somewhat. But I only have to trim my scape every 3 months or so. It took a really long time to fill in. But the wait was worth it. Now I get to enjoy my pretty aquascape for months at a time.. So.. thats cool..
I love looking at all the super high tech tanks. I think I would go bald from maintaining one.
Much better is to use low light, just enough to fill the plants needs for slow growth. Then aquascapes develop more slowly, last longer before needing pruning or changes, and you get to sit and enjoy them instead of constantly adjusting the CO2, removing algae, sweating out a weekend when the CO2 tank empties, and learning the names of all of the species of algae that can inhabit a glass box of water. (CO2 tanks never run out during the week - it is one of the universal laws of nature.)

Hoppy
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
Take a picture of it. It will be frozen in time.
maybe just stick the whole tank in the freezer?

|
|

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Planted Member

No, I like the jungly overgrowth. If I didn't, I would have saved $$$$ and bought plastic plants.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode