Chemicals - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 133

I would like to know the name of the compound KH2PO4 if anyone knows and wether it is safe to raise my phosphate levels with it.Also does it have any acid or basic effect on the water?

Phil is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Wannabe Guru
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 1,740
KH2PO4 = Mono Potassium Phosphate or Potassium Phosphate Monobasic. It is perfect to for raising phosphates and will not adjust the pH unless you grossly overdose.

This should help with dosing.
Rolo is offline  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 133
That was what I hoped,thanks a lot
Phil is offline  


Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome