Seiryu Stone - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Seiryu Stone

So I've been out of the game at least a year or 2. I just recently found out that it was made illegal to gather seiryu stone from it's origins in japan in 2008. So how the hell did I just order 60lbs from Aquaforest Aquarium? Did they stock up big time, or are they just selling me Ryouh stone cause it looks so similar?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
HC 'Cuba' Guru

someone must know this

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 04:57 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmLaracy View Post
someone must know this
The resource you bought your stone from.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
HC 'Cuba' Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardob View Post
The resource you bought your stone from.
Like they'd tell me their "Seiryu Stone" isn't seiryu stone...

And it was from Aquaforest Aquariums, the most reputable ADA distributor. ADGshop is good too but Aquaforest is where its at.

They must have a reserve of it, cause the minimum amount you can buy is 15lbs or $60 worth, where as their other stones are different

And the manten stone has been priced like that for years so ignore it

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 AM
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)
talking about scares stones... I was just wondering where these stones/ rocks came from? Japanese mountains?

Is it only available from japan? I tried google ryuoh and seiryu... but no where I can find where people mine this from.

|

|
|

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
HC 'Cuba' Guru

supposedly it was taken from Japanese volcanos and has been illegal to harvest since 2008. hence why I'm skeptical. they'll be here Friday or Monday so I'll see, 60lbs should be enough to get the jist of its characteristics :P

60lbs for a 75P iwagumi, I'm willing to bet I'll have some left over.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
HC 'Cuba' Guru

no one has an answer to this. Ok so I'm simply going to assume Aquaforest stockpiled before the ban. That is until someone else chimes in with a better idea

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 04:08 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
When I was there they were kinda low on stone, and one of the clerks said they would get a new shipment in of Seiryu Stone in the next day, and this was in the end of August. So it sounds as though they get it from somewhere.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
HC 'Cuba' Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid14 View Post
When I was there they were kinda low on stone, and one of the clerks said they would get a new shipment in of Seiryu Stone in the next day, and this was in the end of August. So it sounds as though they get it from somewhere.
thank you! they must buy it from some
large reserve.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode