help! white Slime on plants, manzanita, and in the water. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
help! white Slime on plants, manzanita, and in the water.

I need help. there is this white slime all over/throughout my tank that appeared there over night!

I did have a little diy co2 mixture that leaked into the tank, but I changed the water. Should I just keep on changing water because I have changed like 200%-300% this week? I am afraid it will end my tank.

There are also a lot of bubbles coming from the substrate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/95%)
Bubbles coming from the substrate?

I have no help for you, but I'm very curious about this, so I'm subbed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
a 40g reef
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Well it seems like you have yeast in your tank. Do a 50% water change weekly and vac out as much as you can.
The bubbles could be from anaerobic pockets stuck in your substrate. Or it's yeastie boys in your tank. It will eventually go away but you need to put a small bottle as a gas separator in between you co2 and your diffusor. And I can't stress this enough. Put a check valve after each bottle and before it goes to the tank.

Opportunity is often missed because it's dressed in coveralls and looks like work.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Worst case scenario: the yeast multiplies til it colonizes in your tank and then you will have to strip the tank down. But hopefully u will be able to get rid of it all.
My 75 had the same problem as I use my beer making for my co2 source. I had yeast everywhere in my tank and it killed a lot of my plants. Luckily I got my rare ones out of there in time. If there is anything you absolutely cannot replace then isolate it.

Opportunity is often missed because it's dressed in coveralls and looks like work.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode