Here's (1) what I did a couple nights ago; and (2) my current water params; and (3) my observations so far; and (4) what I'm planning to do.
(1). I drained 30 gals from my 75 gal/7gal setup, replaced with RO water. Dosed a changewater's worth of Mg, dosed K, Kent humic, dosed *tank* NO3 to ~15ppm. Did NOT dose PO4, Fe, or traces.
(2) PO4 between 0.1 - 0.25 ppm. NO3 >12.5 ppm. KH 3, GH 3, pH 6.3, [CO2] 40something. Fe, K, traces not tested.
(3) Green thread algae is still growing. Fish are happy (glowlight tetras are spawning, in fact). Plants growing.
(4) I plan to continue to snip off stems/leaves which have any appreciable GTA growth. I also plan to keep N:P about where it is now. Will hold off on dosing Fe and traces until the next scheduled water change, which is in 1 week from now. Other than snipping plant matter with GTA on it, I plan not to prune (since, so far, snipping the infected stems has amounted to roughly a pruning anyhow).
Someone mentioned that it's important to keep Fe and traces up. By mentioning in (4), supra, that I won't be adding these for a week I didn't mean to imply that I disagree with that principle. I'm just reasonably sure that after my water change a couple nights ago there will be enough left to last until next water change.
As always, comments are welcome.
Trapper, in NYC
75g planted: flourite, XP3, 5lb CO2, pinpoint controller, DIY reactor,Amiracle skimmer box, 10g sump with 2 x 300w RENA heaters, 9W jebo UV, rio 1700 pump, 4 x 65W 10k/6.7k.
"It is a mitzvah to be joyous always." -- R' Nachman of Breslov