Pressurised Co2 Nomenclature - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Pressurised Co2 Nomenclature

In The Article On Pressurised Co2 It Shows The System Hooked Up With A List Where To Aquire The Materials But I Need A Better Schematic How To Plumb The Co2 With The Cannister Filter. I Have A 150 Gal. Tank I Plan To Plant And Have Angels.discus,and Bala Sharks. I Plan On Drilling Two Holes In The Bottom Of The Tank Install Bulkheads Cause I Want To Create Water Movement On The Bottom And Dont Want A Lot Of Hoses And Cords Down The Back Of My Tank. Any Drawings Will Be Helpful Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 05:40 PM

Could You Please Stop Capitalizing Every Word In Your Message. It Is Driving Me Crazy...

Thank You.

The best setup up for your size tank is to inject the CO2 into a CO2 reactor. This is placed between the output of your cannister and the tank. So, the water travels from the tank, down the hose to your cannister, through the cannister, into the return hose, through the CO2 reactor and back into the return hose to the tank.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Check out this thread for a good visual:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10755

Paul

"I'd like to think oysters transcend national barriers." - Roger Waters

Eheim Pimp Club Member #64

My old 100 Gallon SeaClear established 11/7/2004. 4 GE Daylight Ultras on IceCap VHO ballasts. 3" Eco-complete substrate. Eheim 2028, pressurized CO2, external reactor. 18 watt Turbo Twist UV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREBOR
In The Article On Pressurized Co2 It Shows The System Hooked Up With A List Where To Acquire The Materials But I Need A Better Schematic How To Plumb The Co2 With The Cannister Filter. I Have A 150 Gal. Tank I Plan To Plant And Have Angels.discus,and Bala Sharks. I Plan On Drilling Two Holes In The Bottom Of The Tank Install Bulkheads Cause I Want To Create Water Movement On The Bottom And Dont Want A Lot Of Hoses And Cords Down The Back Of My Tank. Any Drawings Will Be Helpful Thanx
Welcome to the forum trebor! The diagram above is excellent for how to plumb CO2, Silent Running does it again (although "0" is generally on the left). As to your second thought on stocking I would choose bala, angels, or discus and not all three. The bala's get large (Up to 16"?) and are active. Discus are a little shy and slow eaters so many people recommend keeping discus alone for the health of the fish. Also discus are expensive and can carry many diseases so they must be quarientined IMHO. There are angelfish and discus forums out there if you would like to read more. As far as plumbing the tank, I will have to ask around and see if anyone to see how drilling the bottom works out. I have seen it once on a display tank but the filtration was a bit different. Just be sure to include shutoff valves as you are dealing with more pressure that the typical over the back. Most drilled tanks are used with a sump so water cascades over the top and drains to the sump etc. I can follow this up if you like. Most tanks here have a background of some sort mainly so you are not staring at wall. A background also hides the hoses etc. Pester Silent Running for a picture of his "plumbing" as it is quite clean and organized.

Moved to Tucson.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to jhoetzl
I used the plans I found here for plumbing the co2 to the filter (Eheim 2026).
http://www.hoftiezer.net/personal/aq...co2reactor.htm

I like the idea of using the elbow/reducer tee for the CO2 line connection. No drilling/sealing...

Found the 5/8 barbs with 3/4 threads at www.usplastics.com after contacting the author. The rest of the parts were purchased at a True Value as Big Orange and Big Blue didn't have all the other PVC parts I needed for it.

Installing it with this weekend's water change. Been pressure testing it for leaks for 2 days and it seems to be holding up.

may add an inline probe spot to the plan soon too, but worried about a leak. We'll see...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode