Tanked - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Tanked

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about tanked recently but i've been off the forum for a while....

Soo the cool things... I worked on that show... I worked on the installation and livestock consultation for the keg tank!!!

there is a special thanks (for about a second) in the credits to crystal water aquatics (ME!!)

just wanted to share that lol...

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Dude! Nice!!!!!

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

thanks, its kind of a cool boost for the company... validates me a bit... lol

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22 View Post
thanks, its kind of a cool boost for the company... validates me a bit... lol
It was good to finally see some neat freshwater fish.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Good for you F22!!!! I like the show but I haven't been watching lately as they started showing reruns already.

I just wish they wouldn't have put that stupid coral insert in a nice FW tank. The could have at least went with fake plants.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowbray View Post
Good for you F22!!!! I like the show but I haven't been watching lately as they started showing reruns already.

I just wish they wouldn't have put that stupid coral insert in a nice FW tank. The could have at least went with fake plants.
I almost posted the same thing but on the off chance that he had something to do with the ugly decorations that they used I decided not to.

I guess the cat is out of the bag now.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

lol, i was in charge of fish selection not aquarium decor.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
F22, that is SO cool. You should be really proud of yourself.As far as the show...IMO, bad. At this point in my fish keeping evolution, I want more nuts and bolts, not tanks in a phone booth. There was an article in Aquarium Fish International about the show, and a photo of a tank they did in Scotland ( I believe ) which was 32" tall and was in the center of a spiral staircase...SICK.Would loved to have seen that build. All that said, and I have heard this before but I will say it again, anything to promote our hobby is cool with me. If tanks in cars or freshwater tanks with fake coral ( ) gets viewers, then fine.

I watch it though . Thank God for DVR FF lol.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I watch it also and am one of the few on the forums that likes the show. Have to take it for what it is, a reality show. Sure, the coral in the FW tank was not something I would do. People are correct they don't show the cycling of a tank or get into any of the "science" of the hobby. But it's a reality show, most people don't want to see techy side of this hobby.

I think it's so kewl you got to work on the show. Tell us, are they really the way they seem on the show? Give us your take on the show and it's people!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

from the time I put in working with those guys its not an act, thats how they are, they are just 2 friends giving each other a hard time... its fun to watch. But yeah, it certainly is not an act...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

Congrats, that is really cool! I wish they would show more of the tech stuff but I guess that doesn't get viewers.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
HAHA we are proof right here that a little tech would go a long way to making a few of us viewers happy

Sump Pimp #7

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
The tank was cool, but that stupid looking insert kinda ruined it.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
First of all I have to say, that's so cool!
I for one love the show. I think it's entertaining, and I like being able to stare at big fish and bigger tanks for an hour from the comfort of my home, instead of driving over to the lfs and creeping out the employees
I have mixed feelings on the lack of info on cycling and stuff: On one hand for most people like us who know about it, I think it would get repetitive after each tank, but on the other hand I hope that this doesn't encourage people to think that they can overlook these first steps. I'm sure the guys know what they are doing, they seem pretty experienced, but we all know about the lfs horror stories like "Dear-won't-this-betta-fish-go-nice-with-the-wallpaper-in-the-living-room-look-at-the-nice-little-bowl-it-can-fit-in".
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
F22 - I work on the show too! I work on the production team in Philly.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode