29G Biocube - 3rd Chamber Filtration Issue - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
29G Biocube - 3rd Chamber Filtration Issue

In my biocube - the 3rd Chamber is full. This is a Wet/Dry filter and the 3rd chamber is supposed to maintain itself under a maximum threshold, otherwise the filtration is useless.

It has always been like this, but in my Saltwater setup didnt really matter becuase it was all natural filtration.

I am seeing "gunk" that just sits at the top of the water, and therefore serves as evidency the flow is not being sucked down through the 2nd chamber and Wet/Dry is not properly functioning.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Take a cup full of water out at a time. Wait for the water to level out keep doing this until you're in the zone. You should not see the water line inside your tank.
If you do your tank might be out of level.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoslord View Post
Take a cup full of water out at a time. Wait for the water to level out keep doing this until you're in the zone. You should not see the water line inside your tank.
If you do your tank might be out of level.

You mean take a cup full of water out of the back chambers, which in turn will not remove it from my main tank. My main tank will maintain normal level, while back chambers will be within the parameters. If not, my tank is not-level? just want to confirm.

Also - Am I right in saying that the filtration is not properly functioning if it is outside the listed parameters in terms of water level?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Take the cupful out of main tank.
The level will go down in your 3 rd chamber. Your main tank level should not go down enough where you'll notice looking straight at tank. If it does your whole tank might be out of level. Check with a carpenters level with hood up.
As long as your water is flowing through your 2 nd chamber your filtration should he working. Check this by making sure your 2 nd chamber over flow is not dumping into 3 rd chamber.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode