Can I just say... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (55/100%)
Can I just say...

I love my fish.

I'm always really excited to see my tanks in the morning and feed my babies. A lot of times when they do something funny (esp the catfish) I'm excited to tell someone, but I find most people don't really care. They just don't have that "it" that people who love fish have.

Also, this forum is awesome. I actually joined several, and this is the only one I've kept up in.

You are all awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
I know where youre comming from
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
I was just thinking the same thing. My endlers just had babies and Ive been sitting there all morn watching them.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
I have a rejuvenated appreciation. I have had tanks as a kid, nothing special (ie - fake plants, rocks, and decor with tropical).

When I was 22 and moved in with my GF (Now Wife) - I setup a 35 Gallon Hex which was great at the time...I LOVED IT.

I was at a Fish auction in Buffalo, NY and entered a raffle (Bought 1 ticket for $1) for a 65Gallon Tall and won it. The tank sat for 2 years until we bought our house and I set it up, again nothing "special", pretty but also pretty typical....

Then it got real fun when I got my 30G Biocube and setup reef. It was amazing at first, and I am so glad I did it. The fish our so graceful in Saltwater, and it is a completely different ecosystem with the vast variety of Shrimp, crabs, fish, not to mention the Corals! But you have to be a freaking chemist, and the $$$ invested in everything it is critical to maintain things like Salinity, Calcium, + the cores such as Ammonia, Ph, etc....it got too damn expensive and time consuming to maintain. I was maintaining more than enjoying.

This brings me to the most exciting tank I have ever owned, and a true appreciation of Freshwater in converting the SW to FW Planted. It seems more "Real". Living in Buffalo, NY I am surrounded by "Green" nature everywhere. Having a tank of this sort fits the type of ecosystem I have grown up to appreciate. It looks like something I could go outside and see in the woods. Having Swordtails, and Cory's, and Tetras in an environment that is "natural" as opposed to fake plants and decor makes a world of difference, I feel like I am providing them with a home and making them happy compared to them being "captives". I am strongly considering converting my 65G to a live planted and getting a light/CO2 system.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode