That feeling... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
That feeling...

When you look at your tank and see the individual critters crawling/swimming around doing their thing and you just kinda smile and think "yep, every second spent on that was well worth it". Greatest feeling ever. Even though my tank isn't done yet, seeing my HC starting to fill in well and seeing my few shrimp crawl around and my Espeis school with my pygmy corys is a great feeling of accomplishment. Feel free to share your experiences.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
The time I most enjoy seeing my tanks is when I come home from work in winter, and it's cold and dark outside, maybe with snow and ice all around. The coming inside, and seeing the brightly lit up tanks with all the lush green tropical growth, with everything looking so alive. That really makes my day.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I love every single bit of my tank. Sometimes I get bored or annoyed with a few things and it will put me off from the tank for a while though (mostly how half my fish friggin hide) and the damn duckweed.

When I do finally see my golden oto's, or synodontis petricolas come out and about, or (what is left? most I've seen out of the 20 I got lately is a shoal of 4) of my pygmy cory's, I just sit there in joy, no sudden movements to frighten the sensitive ones.

The new bulbs I recently bought added a whole other look to the tank. My rams are so beautifully coloured under these lights

^^^Fraternity of Dirt #29 >>>>>As below, so above and beyond, I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend.<<<<<

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

my best moments are when i lie in bed in the dark with just the lights on the tank and watch the fish swimming around.

the green is just so bright and the light ripples on the floor and on the leaves and you can just see the shapes of the fish swimming. it's really relaxing

75G Paludarium Build Thread:

filstar pimp #171
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Oh yeah. That water ripple effect on the floor or even on the rocks in my tank is awesome. I love that.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Depending if you have no other issues to deal with (trimming, replanting, dosing ratio, nutrients deficiency but don't know which, and etc) other than watching your tank inhabitants.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

A few days after trimming would probably be what invokes this feeling. Same applies for correcting dosing issues, etc.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I hate my tank for a good week after a big trim.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Lmao. Okay, okay. After your tank grows back to the desirable level for all intensive purposes.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode