spray paint inside tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (36/86%)
spray paint inside tank

I need to spray paint PVC thats going to be inside a tank. is there a special kind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Krylon Fusion.

left it cure nice and good and you should be A-ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned

is it sold at home depot?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny313 View Post
is it sold at home depot?
Yes it is.
Krylon fusion is definitely your best option. I used the flat black spray to cover DIY PVC filter pipes for my 90G riparium and i haven't noticed any of it coming off or causing any harm to the fish. Make sure you let it dry for at least a few hours, or a whole 24hrs if possible.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

this is for a shrimp tank. im not sure if the shrimp will pick at it though
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
they wont

...which is why its been repeatedly/highly recommended

Fraternity, Inc. #33
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can I use Krylon when making a DIY 3D background? It will be a larger area space (color highlights over tinted dryloc) and I didn't know if it was safe only in small amounts...

The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds

The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can I use Krylon when making a DIY 3D background? It will be a larger area space (color highlights over tinted dryloc) and I didn't know if it was safe only in small amounts...
i'd like to know this as well. could i use this stuff over GS foam and then silicone over it? will silicone stick to it?

75G Paludarium Build Thread:

filstar pimp #171
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Wannabe Guru

While you can paint the PVC pipe, and at this point, since it's already installed, that's likely the best solution, people should keep in mind that gray, black and clear PVC pipe and fittings are available. This may be a better choice that painting the pipe.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
I use the rustolem that is for any material, its at home depot, forget what its called, but I remember it was a little more, like 8-9.00 a can, it works well though.

|
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode