playing with your fish with lasers - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
playing with your fish with lasers

Does anyone else use laser pointers to mess with their fish? I can get my whole shoal of 18 tiger barbs to chase the dot, in another tank my Oscar tries to eat it, my friend's black tetras follow it and my old roommate's african cichlids would too. The only fish that don't seem to follow it are catfish, my harlequin rasboras, and my shrimp don't follow it either. I think my snails might be following it too, but I'm not patient enough to find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Yup I do. My angels and tetras chase it. So does my bearded dragon and dog lmao
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
We have one, although with one of our cats we had to stop using it with her, she would run full speed at it, and slam into walls on our kitchen floor lol. I have never tried it with fish though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
My cat does not care about it at all. Oh sure she'll look at it, but she doesn't chase it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Weird! I was doing this the other day with the one attached to my airsoft gun and they were all trying to go towards the dot

^^^Fraternity of Dirt #29 >>>>>As below, so above and beyond, I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend.<<<<<
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
The few times I've tried it, fish have been either terrified or unimpressed.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 05:58 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Abrium Send a message via Skype™ to Abrium
hahah, I got to give this a try.

"I got 1 tool in my toolbox and its a hammer."
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
My plants definitely chase the red laser spot. I am very patient.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I can't use my laser in the house...

Its one of those high powered ones that you point at the stars and you can see the beam, what appears to be, infinitely long! Astronomy use only.

I did use it on my roommate's dog outside...I toyed around with him so much that everytime he would see me, he would prop his ears up and immediately search the floor...it was a frenzy search too. That would last a good 30 mins before he'd realize that there is no laser. Of course, if I had it, it would be nonstop action.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
One of my dogs is too OCD about the laser so we can't play with it with him any more, and my birds are petrified of it, LOL.

~June
2500g koi pond, 56g community tank, 29g community tank
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I used to do it when I had younger oscars. I stopped doing it when they got big because it would just end up a giant mess..

...those basterds.

|
|

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/95%)
All I have to do is shake the chain that my laser pointer is attached to and my cats both stop what they're doing and run to me and look around the ground! My wife's dog goes nuts over it, too, and the fish and fiddler crabs all chase it!

a 40g reef

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode