Bunch of questions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Bunch of questions

Hello, I'm a new member and I was wondering if you guys can help me out in ID-ing these plants, and how to prevent it from decaying. I've uploaded the 3 plants pictures. There one with the tall singular green plant is the odd one out of the bunches there, that one has been growing while the others haven't. Then there's the pinkish plant next to it. The top is nice but the bottom seems to be turning to mush. I does with seachem flourish 2x a week, and just gotten the CO2 running today (don't think its working like its supposed to). I also swap out my regular light for the Zoo Med Reef Sun 50/50 Compact Fluorescent Bulb, and have another orchid light from a hydoponic store shining toward the width of the plant. Any other information I need to give, please ask, I really like the purple plant. Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	031.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	34758  

Name:	032.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	34759  

Name:	033.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	34760  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Sorry, finally figures out how to work the plant finder on the top , its a Crimson Ivy, now to find the next two
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
First one is not aquatic and will melt away. The third one looks like Hygrophila polysperma. I think the second one might be Hygrophila also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #041

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks a bunches =D now i need to look them up
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Third pic is: Hygrophila polysperma var. Rosanervig, Sunset Hygro. Sorry, dont know the rest. Almost sure first pic is non-aquatic as well.

Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7

President.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

It's a fast grower??? But the bottom leaf are melting and it hasn't grown an inch since i've had it (for 4 months) What's left in the tank is actually from 2 bunches. Hmm, i remember seeing a post where someone posted a picture of a plant and for each leaf deterioration, it was followed by a deficiency in a particular mineral. I need to find that post.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Yes this is a REALLY fast growing plant. For this reason I cannot understand why it is acting the way it is in your tank after 4 months. Have you got dirt in your tank, or dosing ferts or roottabs or anything? Does seem like a dificiency to me, good luck.

Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7

President.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

laterite, a bit of soil made especially for african violet (it was on sale at walmart), eco complete gravel, and another type of inert gravel, in layers, and only about 2 inches total. Twice weekly dosing of Flourish, and a used red sea CO2 (which is currently malfunctioning, only give a big bubble here and there), I'm going to go uproot all my plants again, but i need to study for my nclex, so its gonna have to wait till the end of the month.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode